Good (less miserable) movies with diabetes as a theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any good film recommendations to introduce people to the idea of diabetes - I'm living with some people at the moment who maybe don't quite understand exactly what it is / what it entails, and I was wondering if there were any movies that weren't too grim that had diabetes in them - I'm sure you can understand why I wouldn't want someone I'm living with to have their first exposure to diabetes from Panic Room or Killers of the Flower Moon.

I think most of the films that make a thing of diabetes, do so for dramatic purposes otherwise they wouldn’t bother mentioning it, so I don’t think they give a good impression or very helpful or accurate information.

You’d be better off providing them with a basic explanation yourself emphasising the risks of hypos and what they should do, and also refer to hyperglycaemia and DKA.

How long have you had Type 1?

Reactions: Kol
You might also find this helpful:

And/or this:

I'm living with some people at the moment who maybe don't quite understand exactly what it is / what it entails
The most accurate representation of what it entails will come from living with you, not from watching a movie

Reactions: Kol
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back