Good lawlessd news

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawlessd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Afternoon guys,

Gotta tell you about this.

Got my retina screening results on wednesday and was very shocked to be told my right eye was R2 (from what i read R2 isn't too desirable after having being diagnosed T1 diabetes for one year)

I posted on wednesday to advise of the news and got a couple of replies.

Well, was feeling pretty anxious about this, so as i work in the city went to Moorfields eye hospital after work on thursday. Was told the wait would be 2/3 hours, but i didn't care because i wanted to know how bad this was.

Got a proper eye examination, eye test/pressure test and after examining the back of my eye the doctor advised the local authority photograph screening was wrong!!! My retinas were both good (R0's). The doctor is sending a letter to the local DRSS center to advise of the error.

To say i was pleased is an understatement!!

Feel bad that the letter caused unneeded anxiety, but thought i should share this in case it happens to anyone else. I have learned the importance of a second opinion!!

Take care

Dave

That's terrific news Dave 🙂 Thanks for letting us know - I think most of us don't question these technical things, but as with everything else it is clear that mistakes are made from time to time. After my last scan they told me I had signs of background retinopathy, but when I saw the optician a couple of months later she couldn't see anything wrong.

Hopefully, it's just a typo or something that led to your incorrect assessment, and no-one is now going to get the news that they are R2 when they thought they were OK, if things got mixed up.

Brilliant news. Just goes to show it is worth questioning the results if we are not happy. That's why I always keep my retinal scans and as separate appointments.

Brilliant. I hate these sort of scares; they can really upset your stress levels and your diabetes if not careful.
Glad to hear the news was good after all. Phew!

Blimey Dave- great news! Well done for making the effort to go get tested elsewhere...especially at the Moorfields, how handy is that?!

Excellent result great news well done Dave.

Great news D! Pleased for you 🙂

Brilliant news - Congrats Dave. Maybe a wee celebration is in order, or maybe you've already had it!!

Nice result Dave
good thinking on your part on the second opinion.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. Yeah did have a few lagers to celebrate!!

Enjoy your bank holiday's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back