Good Day At Work(not!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi At Work Today I Was Talking About Graham And About Testing At Night And Worried If Smething Would Happen During Nighttime And Not Being Quick Enough To Treat Himand One Of My Collegue Said"my Brother In Law Was Diabetic And His Flat Mate Found Him Dead In The Morning "ho Thanks For Cheer Me Up Is Been On My Mind Since:(:(( He Was 40 Years Old And He Did Not Have Any Other Problem A Part Diabetes Will I Be Worried About My Boy Forever About Going In A Coma In The Nght ???:(:(

Oh Im so sorry, How insensitive could she/he have been! You really didn't need that.

*hugs* xx

What an unthinking person. I'm sure he will be fine, all the mums I have ever known have hada sixth sense when something is wrong. My son is not diabetic and even now when he is unwell during the night I still HAVE to get up to make sure he is alright, and I am certain you are the same with Graham.

He should of kept quiet, did he die from low blood sugars realley though? It could of been something else.

I am worrying now,

How insensitive of your work college. You dont need that.

Its hard to reassure you. Sometimes I worry about the same thing and me. And yes, there are instances of people who can die from an untreated hypo or DKA. But I think about my last job in a busy A&E department in London that saw hundreds of thousands of people a year, I worked there for 5 years and didnt see it ONCE. Thats good odds, surely?? 😉

Unfortunately, someone always knows someone who knows someone etc etc....

My friend's daughter aged 12 nearly 3 years ago, early hours, day before her 13 th birthday ....... it is a reality, it is rare but it happens.

If a doc or nurse ever says to me you do not have to test at night, I will ask them for 100 % guarantee that my daughter will not hypo overnight. They cannot give that and until they do, I test.

Daniela, that person should never have said that to you. How cruel. We are not stupid, we know what can happen, how dare that person.

You poor thing talk about ruin your day, how insensitive it must have worried you sick. It is very frightneing as a parent :( x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back