Good annual review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hiya, had my annual review today which went well, just thought I would share:

A1c down to 7.1% from 7.8. Changed my basal 2 months ago, so I'm hopeful that with a full 3 months of levemir it would be below 7?

Blood pressure 95/65! The consultant had to check this twice as she didn't believe it.

Lost another pound, so I'm now only 3 lb over what I was before diabetes.

And I showed her my log book and she was impressed with all my exercise and said I was doing great! Hooray!

Only negative thing was that there was a lady there who had obviously just had her driving licence taken away, and you could hear her all down the corridor bellowing "I NEED MY CAR! I NEED MY LICENCE! GET ME A CONSULTANT!" over and over again, and as I walked through the waiting room she was shouting at the receptionist too, for about 10 minutes. I know I would be devastated if I lost my licence through diabetes, but there's no need to take it out on the person who broke the news, or the receptionist. :(

Wow! Well done Pigeon! I wish I had your BP numbers - mine was 150/100 today 😱

Cheers, BP's weird sometimes, mine has always been on the low side, yet my boyfriend's is always high, (we have a home meter and compare!) but he's really fit and does more exercise than me, and we mainly eat the same stuff. Sometimes it's just a mystery. Did you establish if yours really is high or if it's just white coat syndrome?

It really is high. It was high years ago long before I got diabetes, but it gets affected mainly by stress. I'm stressed a lot of the time :( It was 130/80 a few months ago, so hopefully I can get it there again. I have a friend whose BP is always low. I once read that in the UK we have a problem with high BP, but in Germany it is the opposite - the problem is low BP!

Have you ever tried Tai Chi or yoga or similar? I did Tai Chi a few years ago as I used to struggle to switch off and get to sleep when I was at university, and it was great. It was really relaxing and you just had to focus on the moves and your breathing and so there was no room for stress. Sometimes when I couldn't sleep then I used to get up in the night and do some Tai Chi then I'd fall back to sleep straight away. I've forgotten all the moves now, unfortunately, but I did really enjoy it. It's good for your joints and flexibility too, and I didn't get a cold for an entire year when I was doing it. I imagine it would be beneficial for blood pressure too/.

Hi Pigeon,

Just wanted to say - very well done on all your results - they are brilliant - your hard work has paid off - keep it up!🙂Bev

Have you ever tried Tai Chi or yoga or similar? I did Tai Chi a few years ago as I used to struggle to switch off and get to sleep when I was at university, and it was great. It was really relaxing and you just had to focus on the moves and your breathing and so there was no room for stress. Sometimes when I couldn't sleep then I used to get up in the night and do some Tai Chi then I'd fall back to sleep straight away. I've forgotten all the moves now, unfortunately, but I did really enjoy it. It's good for your joints and flexibility too, and I didn't get a cold for an entire year when I was doing it. I imagine it would be beneficial for blood pressure too/.

Yes, I have actually done Tai Chi but had to stop when I broke my leg and now I've also forgotten most of the moves! I really enjoyed it too - might see if there are any local classes and take it up again.

Pigeon well done all round , great to hear it x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back