Good and not so good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy HB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, my blood test results have come through.

HbA1c --> 5.9% (41 mmol/mol)
Cholesterol --> 7.1 (HDL 0.96, LDL 5.6)

A little bit brassed off with the cholesterol, but chuffed with the HbA1c!

Andy 🙂

Well, my blood test results have come through.

HbA1c --> 5.9% (41 mmol/mol)
Cholesterol --> 7.1 (HDL 0.96, LDL 5.6)

A little bit brassed off with the cholesterol, but chuffed with the HbA1c!

Andy 🙂

Brilliant numbers regarding the hbA1c Andy well done .
Sorry the cholesterol results were nto as you hoped, what will you do now to try and get that down?

My immediate reaction was "Wow, Oops!" Congrats on the HbA, that's brilliant and I hope you can get the cholesterol own again soon.

Brilliant numbers regarding the hbA1c Andy well done .
Sorry the cholesterol results were nto as you hoped, what will you do now to try and get that down?

Thanks Steff & Alison

I have been indulging myself a little too much recently (several magnum ice creams and other treats). There is plenty of room to cut that back a bit and still be sensible (I'm not about to start 'starvation' rations just yet!).

However, I think I'll have to run a meal log until my next blood check. I intend to stay off the medication until then. But if the cholesterol is still high and the meal log indicates that I've been good, then statins here I come!

Andy 🙂

Last edited:
Well done on the HbA1C, sorry about the Cholesterol.

Can't give you any advice about lowering it. I don't even know whether my cholesterol is OK 😉

Thanks Steff & Alison

I have been indulging myself a little too much recently (several magnum ice creams and other treats). There is plenty of room to cut that back a bit and still be sensible (I'm not about to start 'starvation' rations just yet!).

However, I think I'll have to run a meal log until my next blood check. I intend to stay off the medication until then. But if the cholesterol is still high and the meal log indicates that I've been good, then statins here I come!

Andy 🙂

Yeah there a very good idea those logs, i have had one since last Feb infact im on my 4th jotter lol.Hope it works out and you can make changes if needed.

The log sounds like a good idea. I kept one for a while to prove to the idiot doctor that I was behaving myself. For me it just took some time to get my cholesterol down to an acceptable level. I hope it's still there when I get tested again in September, I've been a bad, bad girl lately.

Last edited:
well done on the HBA1c Andy.
At least you know what to do for the cholesterol.

If you want some company getting back on track - I am on a mission this week to eat healthy again as fell off the wagon a bit with hols.

well done on the HBA1c Andy.
At least you know what to do for the cholesterol.

If you want some company getting back on track - I am on a mission this week to eat healthy again as fell off the wagon a bit with hols.

That'll be good! I'll be in touch. 🙂

Andy

mee tooo andy (slap your wrists !! Hehee) HB ....

HbA1c 6.4 but cholesterol 5,7 down on last time gp wants it under 5 ...got to book my test as they want it 3 monthly now ...but on holiday i ate BUTTER yummy but have been trying to combat by eating Good cholesterol stuff ..olives etc
well done on HbA1c though xxx

Well done on the HbA1c :D. I am on statins so can't advise how to reduce your cholesterol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back