Going to the O2 area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julienixon628

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi all, I’m going to see peter Kay this month and it’s suddenly come to me that you aren’t allowed to take anything into the area.

How would I go about getting round this?

Many thanks Julie

@Julienixon628 I’ve been to the O2 arena and took in my diabetes stuff. We were searched on the way in like everyone and I explained I had Type 1. They left all my stuff alone but did make me pour my bottle of water into a squashy plastic cup.

Like most large venues these days, I think, you are allowed to take one A4 size bag into the O2. We saw Peter Kay at the AO in Manchester last weekend and into my smaller than A4 bag I managed to get my insulin pens, spare needles, tube of glucose tablets, all in a pencil case size pouch, plus phone, credit/debit cards, a small amount of cash, tissues & lippy. Could just have squeezed a BG meter in as well but as it was only for 4 hours I was happy to rely on Libre for the evening.

Enjoy. It's a fabulous show!

Last edited:
Ive been to the 02 arenna and took stuff in. They didn't actually question it I don't remember saying but then again I think I was wearing a wrist band plus they probably saw my insulin when I they looked in my head but bag so they might have gathered if you have a medical need I didn't think they can refuse.

Quick look at the O2 website and found this under the Accessibility section - just drop them an email and all will be fine.

IMG_0032.png

So lucky to be able to see Peter Kay, we tried to get tickets last year for his Manchester & Liverpool shows but were unsuccessful.

Been to fair few concerts & never had issues taking in diabetes equipment & glucose tabs, usually speak with someone before getting to gate to make them aware of my type 1 diabetes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back