Going to bed at 12.9 a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg295

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

Had dinner rather late (about an hour ago) and now I’m at 12.9 (oopsie!)

I did carb count and inject for the carbs so I’m hoping it’ll come down and be fine but do I need to do anything extra or leave it as it is?

Thanks everyone 🙂

You’re using the Libre 2 right?if so then you can set a high glucose alarm so it will wake you if you go over a certain number (you set the number it goes off at)

Your using the Libre 2 right?
I am yes (replaced the bad one this morning and seems fine now!) seems stable at 12.9 currently. Yes that’s a point thank you! I’m usually a bit naughty and turn alarms off at night so I’m not disturbed but think I should probably leave them on tonight!

The high glucose alarm will wake you if you go over a certain number and you can change the number it goes off at. For example my high glucose alarm is set at 15.5

The high glucose alarm will wake you if you go over a certain number and you can change the number it goes off at. For example my high glucose alarm is set at 15.5
Yes good point, I may change it down a bit so I get a warning slightly earlier and I need to actually keep them on, rather than turn them off because I want to sleep which is bad haha!

Yes good point, I may change it down a bit so I get a warning slightly earlier and I need to actually keep them on, rather than turn them off because I want to sleep which is bad haha!
That’s a good idea to turn them off to sleep - I tend to do the opposite and have them on at night incase my numbers go too much in either direction but have them off in school as I am probably 10 times more likely to pick up on out of range numbers while awake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back