Going home

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
After a couple of weeks heart searching and some GBH of the earhole from the family I've decided it's time to go home. I've been in London since 1986 and the last couple of years have been a nightmare. Being carted off to the hospital was the last straw and I'm scared stiff in case it happens again. I've no-one near enough to get here if it did so I'll be better off in Inverness with my family. So it's off back to Snechie in a week or so. Best thing I think.

After a couple of weeks heart searching and some GBH of the earhole from the family I've decided it's time to go home. I've been in London since 1986 and the last couple of years have been a nightmare. Being carted off to the hospital was the last straw and I'm scared stiff in case it happens again. I've no-one near enough to get here if it did so I'll be better off in Inverness with my family. So it's off back to Snechie in a week or so. Best thing I think.

You might find it easier to be closer to family , I know they can be a pain but its good to have the reassurance that they are close by if and when you need them. I'm doing the same thing atm , I'm North but coming home to the South🙂
I'm on my own here and only really have friends but no family for hundreds of miles :( I'm pretty much moving for the some of the same reasons as you.
I hope you settle back home quickly , have you got to job search once you move? Good luck with everything and let us all know how it goes.

hi there alison i wish you all the best with the move and hope all goes well x

Ma hairt's in the Heilands for sure. I came down here all those years ago looking for work and it was great until the work ran out. At least if I go home I won't have rent to worry about as we own the place free and clear. I'll have company when I'm out for my daily exercise too, the poor dog won't know what hit her.

My Dad was in the RAF too David, we ended up in some god awful places I must say, and a few wonderful ones.

Hi Alison
How exciting! A fresh new start and seeing the family whenever you want - and all those walks in the country to look forward to. I hope it goes smoothly and you settle in quickly.🙂Bev x

Best of luck Alison, I love it up there, always beautiful, family is from outer hebs but have family friends inverness way, any excuse to escape the smoke you'll never be blamed! 1986! A lot has happened since then, you've seen the city grow that's for sure!! say hello to Nessie for me when you see him next:D

Best of luck on returning home Alison

xx

Hi Alison,

Good luck with the move. Inverness is a lovely part of the country. I'm in Aberdeenshire, but I worked for a company in Ardersier for a number of years, and have still got a bit of the snechie accent to show for it 😉

NiVZ

Hi Alison, hope all goes well with the move! Will you be taking the High Road or the Low Road?😉:D

Hi Alison, one less diabetic in streatham then? Dont worry, I'll keep the club running 😉

All the best with the move hon x

The high road definitely! I aten't dead.

I've been busy making arrangements, the Oxfam folk are coming to fetch all my books and a few bits of furniture so I haven't much to pack. I travel light, all those years spent traipsing across the world after my dad cured me of any desire to be a pack rat. It'll be strange being back there after all these years. When I left Snechie was a medium sized market town, now it's a small city filled with expat Glaswegians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back