Going for the Covid jab in Derby

Austin Mini

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My next door neighbour who is 84 and chemo recovering was notified on Monday last to attend the Derby Velodrome for his first Covid vaccination yesterday. The procedure is extremely well organised from start to finish, 1st marshals guide you into registration, 2nd you are examined by nurse and explained what’s happening, 3rd it’s the jab, 4th you go to the recovery area where you are again examined and given your second appointment date, vaccination batch number and identification cards. In all it’s a thirty minute procedure through the system. Highly organised and completely safe. I will be going soon for mine so thought you might like to know what to expect.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@Austin Mini - the 75+ are still before us lucky 70+ clinically extremely vulnerable and isolating folk though, so still a few million more in front of us young whipper snappers.

:cool:

daducky88

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My next door neighbour who is 84 and chemo recovering was notified on Monday last to attend the Derby Velodrome for his first Covid vaccination yesterday. The procedure is extremely well organised from start to finish, 1st marshals guide you into registration, 2nd you are examined by nurse and explained what’s happening, 3rd it’s the jab, 4th you go to the recovery area where you are again examined and given your second appointment date, vaccination batch number and identification cards. In all it’s a thirty minute procedure through the system. Highly organised and completely safe. I will be going soon for mine so thought you might like to know what to expect.
Don't you get a suggestive biscuit?

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Our area are finishing group 3 this week, and I am group 6, so I am hopeful it is in the next few months. Very proud of the progress by our local teams here!

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@Austin Mini great to read your experience.
What do they do to maintain social distancing and ensure the vaccination centre is not somewhere to pick up covid?

I am concerned that vaccination centres could be covid breeding grows as they seem to all be inside. I think I would rather stick my arm out of a car window but I guess I am lucky enough to have a car which not everyone has.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I think I would rather stick my arm out of a car window but I guess I am lucky enough to have a car which not everyone has.
Apparently you may not be supposed to drive after receiving it xx

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Apparently you may not be supposed to drive after receiving it xx
Happy for my partner to drive me :)
Again, I know I am very lucky to have a car and a partner ... who will get his jab after me and I will return the favour.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am not aware of any drive through facilities being mentioned for Covid jabs. You'll have to go wherever they tell you they are available and you can. We all will.

VICTOR HILL

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
suffolk area care home s front line staff nhs new site starting up every week my brother in law has had both mind you he is 90
BUT BUT do not phone us we will send a letter and that apply to Boots Asda and lloyds stay safe vic

Austin Mini

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@Austin Mini great to read your experience.
What do they do to maintain social distancing and ensure the vaccination centre is not somewhere to pick up covid?

I am concerned that vaccination centres could be covid breeding grows as they seem to all be inside. I think I would rather stick my arm out of a car window but I guess I am lucky enough to have a car which not everyone has.
It’s well marshalled two meter at all times, rest assured.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had first jab this morning at a health centre in Preston organised though the GP.

A bit chaotic, queued outside for a bit (obviously lots of people given the same appointment time), did as I was told by the marshals and came out half hour later done and dusted. Like all these things it is best not to think about the process - just put your brain in neutral, go with the flow and do as you are told.

VICTOR HILL

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
well done to you all great news
also i did hear that in SOHAM older folk had to queued for an hour in cold but all glad to get done

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
One member of our family has just had hers - she's 16+, still at school doing A levels - but has been doing a PT evening job cleaning at our hospital! Just put a word in for your grandad and grandma to get theirs, pretty please.