Going aboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So I know this is a little while off but in about two months I’m going aboard for the first time since diagnosis and I’m starting to get a Little nervous about it.

Hi Ray, is there anything particular you are nervous about? Or just managing your diabetes in a different place with different routine? It's normal, but don't let this stop you enjoying your travel.

If you are traveling in a plane, make sure you have a letter from your nurse explaining you have to carry your insulin, needles and stuff. You may not need it but it's good to have in case. Any questions, just ask 🙂

@rayray119. Since I have been T1 I have travelled abroad at least twice a year for holidays, some years up to 4 times (except during lockdown) what elements of the travel worry you?

Hi Ray, is there anything particular you are nervous about? Or just managing your diabetes in a different place with different routine? It's normal, but don't let this stop you enjoying your travel.

If you are traveling in a plane, make sure you have a letter from your nurse explaining you have to carry your insulin, needles and stuff. You may not need it but it's good to have in case. Any questions, just ask 🙂
Yeah a mixture of things. Travelling to a different place different routine(however my work already does mean not sticking to a routine) lot Eating out a lot. Plus even super market food I won’t understand it.

I don't know where you are going and if they have the same requirements for nutritional info in the packaging, but it may be good to look for the word carbohydrates in the local language :confused:

I don't know where you are going and if they have the same requirements for nutritional info in the packaging, but it may be good to look for the word carbohydrates in the local language :confused:
I’m going to demark and Sweden yes I didn’t think of that I’m probably going to be eating out a lot though we always do on holiday.

I’m going to demark and Sweden yes I didn’t think of that I’m probably going to be eating out a lot though we always do on holiday.
I gather it is pretty expensive to eat out in those countries, my daughter said they paid £40 for just fish and chips a few years ago in Copenhagen.

I gather it is pretty expensive to eat out in those countries, my daughter said they paid £40 for just fish and chips a few years ago in Copenhagen.
when i go on hoilday with my parents we tend to eat out quite a bit but yes I have been before and it was bt expensive

Doesn't look like im actually going to get there now

Oh, that's a shame! Is that because you are ill? Hopefully they will manage to make you better by then.

Oh, that's a shame! Is that because you are ill? Hopefully they will manage to make you better by then.
Yes it is because of that it's looking unlikely I do have a scan booked for Tuesday though)

Yes it is because of that it's looking unlikely I do have a scan booked for Tuesday though)
Keeping fingers crossed that the scan throws up something which can be easily fixed and you can still go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back