Godsend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all , sorry i have not been around for a while, i am having trouble with my internet connections 😡hoping to get it sorted out very soon!

Well i thought i would just share this with all of you who give yourself insulin via injections!

First of all i need to say that you can only use these of you are using 40 units or less per day...thats the only clause and i thought i would ought to tell you first off..

My dsn gave me a couple of boxes of 4mm needles to try! and wow they are so much better than the 6mm i was using previously! i dont feel hardly anything and you dont need to pinch the skin up to inject!

All i know about these is they are from a company called BD Micro-Fine and they are not yet available on prescription but i belive they will be soon so if you meet the requirements maybe its worth a mention to your dsn 🙂

D_G

x

Last edited:
Thats useful to know ..... i`ve got a very skinny young lad who hasn`t got much skin to pinch lol.🙂
I`ll check them out
Thanks
x

Hi all , sorry i have not been around for a while, i am having trouble with my internet connections 😡hoping to get it sorted out very soon!

Well i thought i would just share this with all of you who give yourself insulin via injections!

First of all i need to say that you can only use these of you are using 40 units or less per day...thats the only clause and i thought i would ought to tell you first off..

My dsn gave me a couple of boxes of 4mm needles to try! and wow they are so much better than the 6mm i was using previously! i dont feel hardly anything and you dont need to pinch the skin up to inject!

All i know about these is they are from a company called BD Micro-Fine and they are not yet available on prescription but i belive they will be soon so if you meet the requirements maybe its worth a mention to your dsn 🙂

D_G

x

wow going to get me some of those i have the 5mm from mirco fine but it still hurts sometimes

Great news to find something that helps. Good luck for any one who can get and use them.

I already us BD Micro-fine 5mm at the moment which are currently the smallest size you can get on prescription, but it's useful to know that even smaller ones are in the pipeline.

I use 8mm, because that was what I was given! I tried one of Tom's 5mm ones at the York meet though, and I didn't really like it, because I couldn't feel that it had gone in properly, which wasn't exactly confidence inspiring!

I use the 5mm ones too, Id be willing to give the 4mm ones a try so I shall be asking about them when im at clinic in a couple of weeks.
When will they be on prescription does anyone know? x

According to my dsn, they are available on prescription in july 🙂

internet is working now yaaaaay!

when I got the 5mm my nursey said they were looking into smaller needles possible even 3mm! But 4mm I'm sure would be great for loads of us.

Happy dayz

Rossi 🙂

I'm curious as to why less than 40u a day? i'm hitting between roughly 35 and 45 (basal and bolus) units a day. Maybe if I go low carb I could use them? 😛😱😛

I use 8mm, because that was what I was given! I tried one of Tom's 5mm ones at the York meet though, and I didn't really like it, because I couldn't feel that it had gone in properly, which wasn't exactly confidence inspiring!

Me too i have 8mm, and i have never even thought about smaller ones. They have never been offered to me either.
Ill have to raise this one next time i see the nurse.

Thanks for the heads up!

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back