God what a morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineHimself

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I spent [literally] over 90 minutes inside an MRI scanner this morning. I lay down on the scanner bed at 8am and didn't get back up until 9:30. By the end, I had to be wheeled back to my changing cubicle. Then, once I had recovered a bit, as I was tottering off to get my bus, my phone rang: It was my GP telling me the blood-work ordered by my Glaucoma consultant was abnormal and I needed to get in to see her [my GP] at the earliest free appointment slot.

The MRI was also ordered by my Glaucoma consultant, and according to the radiographer, the multiple scans she had ordered were very extensive. In fact, she reckoned they were about as thorough as they can get and included my pituitary gland. All in all, these latest development are concerning, but as Voltaire's Pangloss was prone to say: "Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles." (All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.)

You have to be philosophical about this, I was just reading last week that the latest scandal to hit the NHS is people in the South having to wait years for an MRI scan, I got it a month after my initial consultation. (It was at the ungodly hour of 7:45 am)

On other fronts, there was some good news, after a month without my Empagliflozin, my HBA1C hadn't shifted and was still 40 mmolls/moll:
TestResultsHistory.png
Ah well, given my age and how old age has affected many of my peers, maybe Voltaire had something: Things could be a lot bloody worse.😉

@IrvineHimself - yes indeed they could mate - two of my schoolfriends have died this year - the most recent one we'd known each other since we were 7, the other since we were 11. Sodding Big C. Always the nicest people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back