Go me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambleberry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed a week today with an HbA1C of 96 and when I took my first BM it was 11.8mm.
A week on, I have pulled all stops out, chucked the government guidelines out the window and listend to the wonderful advice here in particular leading lights thankyou for help with research and dietary advice, also supported by carbfreshwell brilliant site and Dr Robert Lustigs guidelines, out with carbs in with fats.I have managed to avoid full dairy as it does not like me.But have started lactose free milk .
Last half of the week and this week so far highest be 9,8 but after than highest is mornings arround 7.8 but yesterday 6.4. I am now seeing lunch time readings of 5.5mm. I am taking glicozide 80mg daily and metformin 500mg three times a day. I have also lost 6 lbs! I am lucky no side effect so far, just keeping toilet regular! GP advised that I might get some blurred vision, this has happened but not to worry once it all stabilises it should go back to normal. Its weird I have glasses for distances, but now I can see distances great! But I am needing my craft glasses to read!
I already had a healthy diet and have really used the same recipes and of course I like to try new things too. But just cut down on amount of rice, pasta, swapped sweet potato instead of ordinary potatoes, and not much either. gone back to measuring these like we used ot do with WW many years ago.I made myself a rule if I have carbs on a morning then none at lunch time, but some at dinner...if none at breakfast I can have some at lunch.
I am still in trial and error phase. I had some dark 100% chocolate on Sunday evening, and it has no sugar just its own and the carbs did not affect me, but then its high in healthy fats..

Well done! I think you're being sensible in not cutting out all the starchy carbs but just reducing your intake. Complete stoppage of these can indeed affect vision as I found out from this forum. Keep up the excellent work 🙂

Well done! I think you're being sensible in not cutting out all the starchy carbs but just reducing your intake. Complete stoppage of these can indeed affect vision as I found out from this forum. Keep up the excellent work 🙂
I see you lost over over 5 stone since April wow this gives me hope! fantastic!

Sounds like great progress! Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back