GluRoo app for bgs on watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone tried this app “GluRoo”? I don’t have libre as CGM until Wednesday to test it properly, but have tried it the last couple of days.

It seems that it does what Shuggah does in writing bgs to the calendar so that they can show on Apple Watch as a complication. But the difference is that it reads bgs from the LibreLinkUp app (ie the one that follows you not the one you use). I follow myself on that app already so didn’t do any specific setup.

If it works in real-time then advantage for me would be in only using the official app. I don’t want to use Shuggah any more after this sensor as now I send data to my team I’d have to scan every 8 hours in the official app as well. I’d rather just use the official app. The disadvantages I know of are that GluRoo would only work when you have internet connection.

I don’t know the other disadvantages yet but I’ll try it when I have my next sensor. Added a couple of screenshots for now.

Has anyone tried this and recommend whether or not it’s worth trying alongside libre official app?

Attachments

• IMG_7698.jpeg
    IMG_7698.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7701.png
    IMG_7701.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7700.png
    IMG_7700.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
Deleting and reinstalling the libre app honestly seems to solve any issue, it gave the Bluetooth connection back to libre. Shuggah now deleted and Libre picking up bgs automatically.

The BGs are going to my watch automatically and updating each minute. Main downside so far though is that there’s a trail of old bgs for 15 minute periods in my calendar. Shuggah only ever had the current bg and the time of the event just moved on, it didn’t leave historical ones.

Attachments

• IMG_7707.jpeg
    IMG_7707.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7710.png
    IMG_7710.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 11
I queried the calendar issue with the developer. They said it’s a bug they’re trying to fix and that occasionally deleting and readding the calendar would clear all the history

Does it take long to set up? I do like the idea but I am not sure I have the time at at the moment to mess about with apps and accounts

Does it take long to set up? I do like the idea but I am not sure I have the time at at the moment to mess about with apps and accounts
Depends how good you are in setting things up and how useful you find bgs on your watch. Took me 5 minutes max to set up GluRoo which for the benefit of always having bg on my watch is well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back