Glue for reattaching freelibre sensor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakania

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hello, a few times my sensor has started to unglue in one side, and normally in a couple of days finally fails. Does someone know any glue I could apply? I swim every day.

thanks

Does someone know any glue I could apply?
I don't know. In that kind of situation I'd apply tape (or a plaster, or a Tegaderm) over it, but I don't swim frequently so possibly something else would be better.

I'd have thought if you have plasters that would survive daily swimming then one of those would do as an emergency fix.

I used to use optiflex which was a transparent film

But more recently have used hypafix as an overtape when sensors are lifting a little. I get it as a roll online, and just cut off patches/strips to suit.

It’s important not to tape the sensor down too firmly I think (which can result in a sort of extended ‘compression low’)

Abbott also recommend for Freestyle Libre that the centra hole should always remain uncovered, so that the skin under the sensor can breathe.

I used to use optiflex which was a transparent film

But more recently have used hypafix as an overtape when sensors are lifting a little. I get it as a roll online, and just cut off patches/strips to suit.

It’s important not to tape the sensor down too firmly I think (which can result in a sort of extended ‘compression low’)

Abbott also recommend for Freestyle Libre that the centra hole should always remain uncovered, so that the skin under the sensor can breathe.
thanks, wll try with hypafix. it looks like can cope with the swimming and 10 meters (by £6) could last the rest of my days...

Make sure you definitely get Hypafix.
I bought some recently online (probably from eBay) and the vendor provided an alternative tape without water resistant glue. Thankfully, I noticed and returned it before opening the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back