Glucoven

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptTony

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Good morning, I would be grateful for thoughts on Glucoven as a supplement. I am looking for ways to maintain / lower blood glucose levels. Am managing well on low carb(high fibre carbs) no added sugars diet but wonder if Glucoven is a sensible supplement to take? Thanking you all in advance.

It seems to contain alpha lipoic acid @CaptTony That reduced my need for insulin when I took it but I’m Type 1 so have none of my own insulin. If you’re only prediabetic I would save your money or just buy a good quality ALA supplement to try.

Good morning, I would be grateful for thoughts on Glucoven as a supplement. I am looking for ways to maintain / lower blood glucose levels. Am managing well on low carb(high fibre carbs) no added sugars diet but wonder if Glucoven is a sensible supplement to take? Thanking you all in advance.
Don't waste your money, most of these claims that are made have little scientific basis.
A low carb approach that you are doing should be all that is needed. For more ideas for meals have a look at this link https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

I agree. Save your money for a treat. Were your 2023 numbers similar to before, i.e HbA1c =36 weight loss 86kg-73kg?

Thanks to all for your responses. My last set of numbers were 39 so around the same. I will do nothing- just carry on the same diet. As time has moved on I have found plenty of alternatives for the old staples and low carb no sugar treats too so all good.

Yes, all good. Still I'd keep an eye on your weight and waist (the fit of your trousers is a good indicator). 42 next year would not be so good !!!

Last edited:
(the fit of your trousers is a good indicator).
Agree - I can't remember where I read it but "Listen to your Belt" is one of the best pieces of advice I've ever come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back