GlucoTabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to bring this up again!

Right my surgery have changed their method of repeats which is good! Online and straight to pharmacy, I guess that way they save the hinges of their doors flapping in and out!

I put in my requests on my repeat items, then added a demi pen (third time lucky?) and glucotabs.

I put a footnote saying I've asked for these before please let me know why if you are not letting me have these.

Well I get home from the grind and a message on the blower there is. Sorry Mr Mac, Glucotabs are not avaliable on NHS prescription? From what some of you fine people have told me this is not correct!? Before I kick some dot dot dot, can any of you fine individuals reassure me what is the gospel?

Hope you're all well and managing this bleep of a condition slash disease well enough🙄

This website is the GOSPEL according to DIABETES!

Someones got the code, Im sure it'll pop up in a mo.

Im lazy and buy mine in ASDAs. Whenever I confront my pharmacist my diabetes is the least of my problems...I could burst an annuerysm!

Good luck Mr Mac 🙂

Rossi, checking the drug tarrif, i don't think you can get glucose tablets on prescription, just oral gel. I could be wrong, but i'm guessing that if you get a prescription for glucose/dextrose tabs, nobody gets paid for it.

glucotabs are not on prescription - Asda do them, but I think it has to be the bigger Asdas, in the 10 tablets and 50 tablets containers, my local Boots does them in the handy 10 tablet containers.

According to a post on another site the pip codes are PIP codes 324-1866 and 324-1858, but I don't know if that is correct!

Thanks all,

I had the pip code, and the fact that it has a pip code surely means it can be on prescription? I don't know!?
The fact that you can buy something in a shop doesn't mean you cannot get it on prescription, simple example text strips!? I don't know!?

I'm sure I heard from Adrienne that some of the kids got them on prescription?

Sorry if sound a bit off just a bit grrr right now! Not very good or Rossi-esq...

Thanks all,

I had the pip code, and the fact that it has a pip code surely means it can be on prescription? I don't know!?
The fact that you can buy something in a shop doesn't mean you cannot get it on prescription, simple example text strips!? I don't know!?

I'm sure I heard from Adrienne that some of the kids got them on prescription?

Sorry if sound a bit off just a bit grrr right now! Not very good or Rossi-esq...

Rossi - you can get them on prescription - lots of children get them on the other list. It comes under the same sort of heading as Gluten Free foods for coeliacs - it is essential for your health and it is on the list of necessary items. I have no idea whether the PIP code is correct - but if you have already given this code and the GP is still saying no - then you need to speak to the pharmacist as they are the ones who *know* what is allowed and what isnt. Try ringing Boots or Lloyds and ask them to look it up. Once you have the right information you can email your GP and put him straight!🙂Bev

Sorry to be dumb but what is a pip code and what are they used for? 😱

PIP Code is specifically the code allocated to a specific product, along with the description associated to and describing that product.

PIP Code is specifically the code allocated to a specific product, along with the description associated to and describing that product.

Thanks, so how do u add them to your repeat? do you have to speak to the doctor? x

As far as I know a PIP code is the industry code for a product and is used by pharmacies to order drugs in, don;t think it means you can get it on prescription. I would hope you can;t get a prescription for a 79p tube of 10 glucotabs, that would cost the NHS a lot of money for nothing.

As far as I know a PIP code is the industry code for a product and is used by pharmacies to order drugs in, don;t think it means you can get it on prescription. I would hope you can;t get a prescription for a 79p tube of 10 glucotabs, that would cost the NHS a lot of money for nothing.

I think the ones who do get them on prescription get the big tubs. I agree that I shouldn't be able to get my ?2 box of jelly babies on prescription, although if I could then I could properly describe them as 'medicine'! 😉

Rossi - you can get them on prescription - lots of children get them on the other list.

Thanks Bev, I'm wondering if the kids are on a different system or something? are they on any disability or child benefit thing either??

As far as I know a PIP code is the industry code for a product and is used by pharmacies...I would hope you can't get a prescription for a 79p tube of 10 glucotabs, that would cost the NHS a lot of money for nothing.

Fair point about the PIP code as I said I'm not 100% sure, or at least I think I said words to that affect.

Thanks for hoping I shouldn't get something that I only use because I'm lucky enough to have this buggered pancrease disease thing! I tell you what if you want me to save the NHS some money shall I post them a cheque every month, if so how much do you wreckon??

Sorry if sound stroppy but I am🙄

As Northe' said those that do it's the pots of 50 tabs which retail cost around ?2.95, I don't use a lot but see it as part of my medicine, we're all different!

Over and OUT.

I do understand what you mean as I dont personally get them on prescription because we choose to buy them. However, it should be remembered that families who are living on the bread line would find these an expensive item if they are having trouble paying their weekly grocery bill. By the very nature of children being so active and excitable, they do often suffer from many hypos on a daily basis - which can work out fairly expensive! The cost of a tub of diastix is around ?5 - and can go out of date before a person would need to use any - but most people I know get them on prescription (apart from those of us who have the optium exceed meter).🙂Bev

p.s. Good luck Rossi - let us know what happens.

I get my glucotabs and other diabetes related stuff from Medicalshop.co.uk

They cost ?2.95 for a pot of 50.
I get special discount codes sent to me by e-mail from time to time as an existing customer which give me 10% off of products.

http://www.medicalshop.co.uk/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back