Glucose tracker watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi all I've just read about this watch on the Internet. Apparently it reads your, Glucose, heart rate, steps and how much activity. Sound all singing and dancing at half price at £ 59.99.
Has anyone heared of it or uses one. Sounds to good to be true. Just checking, cos if anyone has it and its good I'll get one . X

Hi all I've just read about this watch on the Internet. Apparently it reads your, Glucose, heart rate, steps and how much activity. Sound all singing and dancing at half price at £ 59.99.
Has anyone heared of it or uses one. Sounds to good to be true. Just checking, cos if anyone has it and its good I'll get one . X
Don’t waste your money, none of them work

Yeah, it probably tells you the winning lottery numbers too 🙄 They’re all rubbish - save your money.

I see your Type 3c @Moi Are you on insulin? Have you tried getting a CGM from your GP?

There is a company called Know Labs who are testing a non-invasive CGM at present, though it's not ready and it's unlikely it could be made to fit into a watch any time soon. The technology does look promising though: Link

Apple and Samsung are both working on BG monitoring in a smart-watch format, though it's still years away, if it happens at all: Link

In the meantime, no watch-like device exists that can come anywhere close to providing useful BG information.

Reactions: Moi
There is a company called Know Labs who are testing a non-invasive CGM at present, though it's not ready and it's unlikely it could be made to fit into a watch any time soon. The technology does look promising though: Link

Apple and Samsung are both working on BG monitoring in a smart-watch format, though it's still years away, if it happens at all: Link

In the meantime, no watch-like device exists that can come anywhere close to providing useful BG information.
Thankyou everyone, it seems we could have a BG WATCH reader in the future . It would be great. Thanks again x

Thankyou everyone, it seems we could have a BG WATCH reader in the future . It would be great. Thanks again x
I already have my blood sugar on my watch, from my libre

Thankyou everyone, it seems we could have a BG WATCH reader in the future . It would be great.
Maybe. Companies are most certainly working on it, but have been for years. I think there are some that are near to being practical, but (from the descriptions) they're rather like CGM sensors in that the watch uses a pad underneath with a mesh of pinpricks, and that needs replacing every couple of weeks (so overall it works out about the same price as existing CGMs). There's a device that Tim Cook was publicly seen using, but I seem to remember that wasn't cheap and wasn't really something that would work in a watch.

(Like @Lucyr I can already read BG on my watch, but I'm using Libre sensors (via my phone).)

I see your Type 3c @Moi Are you on insulin? Have you tried getting a CGM from your GP?
Hi Inka, I was admitted to hospital with DKA and told I have diabetes throught my cancer and treatment for it. I'm on Lantus, Novarapid and metformin.
I use Libre 2 which I get from the GP, just thought the watch would be easier. Thanks for your reply.

Maybe. Companies are most certainly working on it, but have been for years. I think there are some that are near to being practical, but (from the descriptions) they're rather like CGM sensors in that the watch uses a pad underneath with a mesh of pinpricks, and that needs replacing every couple of weeks (so overall it works out about the same price as existing CGMs). There's a device that Tim Cook was publicly seen using, but I seem to remember that wasn't cheap and wasn't really something that would work in a watch.

(Like @Lucyr I can already read BG on my watch, but I'm using Libre sensors (via my phone).)
Thanks for replying, its interesting, I also us Lebre 2, a watch would be good .

There are rumours floating around that the new Samsung watch supposed to be launched around July (iirc) will have "AI-enabled non-invasive BG monitoring" but I would bet as much as 20c that this will turn out to be no more the case than all the similar Apple & Samsung rumours in the past.

I use Libre 2 which I get from the GP, just thought the watch would be easier.
Why not just put your libre values on your watch then? Have been previous threads explaining it.

Reactions: Moi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back