Glucose Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniMc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
The Glucose Revolution by Jessie Inchauspe - I'm about halfway through now and it is so informative. She explains the science behind everything she discusses in easy to understand language. She gives examples and little graphs to illustrate everything and lots of amusing anecdotes along the way. I'm definitely seeing the benefits of eating things in a certain order (veg/protein/carbs) and my readings have definitely lowered, Anybody else read it?

There was another thread about the same author a day or two ago

Seems to be something of a marmite character.

Personally I can't imagine eating what's on my plate one item at a time, and in a particular order. I also seem to have been doing alright so far without her advice.

Last edited:
If you're doing OK on your own, that's great Martin A. Keep doing what you're doing. eating in an order is tricky but now I just start every meal with a salad, eat a bit of protein, few carbs, more protein.

To be honest, I don't eat that many carbs as part of a meal. I love toast in the morning though!

Protein is the most filling part of a meal so I usually eat protein, veg, carbs. Gives the insulin more of a head start too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back