Glucose Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowland

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I Have two monitors.. One Touch & Accu-Chek Compact.. they give me two separate readings?? which one is right? I'm testing from the same sample and trying as best I can to take identically.. OneTouch 9.4 - Accu-Chek 7.4 ??

Rowland

The problem is that they will all read differently. I don't know about Accu Check but One Touch were one of the truest ones at one point. I use the One Touch range and will never change.

The best thing to do is stop using one and just use the other and thats that. You need to decide which meter you like best and just go with it.

Have you tried quality control checking them with the solutions?
If you are using the same sample it might be that to get enough blood to do the both tests you are milking the finger which can affect the result.
Meter are not 100% accurate, so tetsing on different meter will almost certainly give a slightly different result.

If you squeeze and squeeze then you end up squeezing tissue out and you will get a false reading.

After "milking" will the false reading be higher or lower, or is it the usual random depends on the wind factor?

oooo thats interesting re milking. I always wondered why they say dont sqweeze

I find it lower than expected

Cheers Nikki just tested and in low 3's which normally for me would mean shakey stevens is in the house but feel okayish!?! I definately didn't milk tho! Hey ho!

Thanks again.

Rossi

REALLY? I never knew you weren't supposed to squeeze! Er - out of interest, does squeezing make it higher or lower?

I Have two monitors.. One Touch & Accu-Chek Compact.. they give me two separate readings?? which one is right? I'm testing from the same sample and trying as best I can to take identically.. OneTouch 9.4 - Accu-Chek 7.4 ??

Rowland

Hi Rowland,

Meters used to measure Whole Blood bgs but they switched to the more accurate Blood Plasma bg measuring a few years ago. There are some exceptions which carrying on measuring the old Whole Blood bgs and I seem to remember reading somewhere that One Touch were still doing that. Check out which meter is measuring Blood Plasma Bgs ( more accurate) and stick to that ...or just go by the lower reading 🙂

Thanks.. Adrienne, I do think thats the best advice.. if only to end the confusion.

My appreciation, Rowland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back