• No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rah78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everybody. Has anybody tried them please and can give any feedback? Today I started daily insulin jabs but I don't qualify for a funded cgm. I will self fund if needed but didn't know if a watch could be useful if calibrated with my finger pricker...

I don’t think there’s any watch that monitors BG directly. Yet.
I know Apple keep hinting at it for future iterations of their watch but it’s not a reality at the moment.

I wear an Apple Watch and self fund Libre 2. I’ve installed an app on my phone called Shuggah. That pulls the data from the sensor every ten minutes or so without needing to be scanned so it’s as close to as CGM as I can cobble together.

It works fine and Shuggah writes to the calendar app which can be displayed on the watch face. Sounds complex but it really isn’t.

Is it that sort of thing you’re thinking of?

There are quite a few that claim to. (I doubt that any actually do so.)
I've looked at a number of those on Amazon and I'm amazed at how similar the words are in the supposedly verified reviews.
Until someone like Apple or one of the other big hitters like Garmin or Fitbit release a device which can accurately monitor BG levels through the skin I'll assume that the ones on Amazon are basically hokum.

I don’t think there’s any watch that monitors BG directly. Yet.
I know Apple keep hinting at it for future iterations of their watch but it’s not a reality at the moment.

I wear an Apple Watch and self fund Libre 2. I’ve installed an app on my phone called Shuggah. That pulls the data from the sensor every ten minutes or so without needing to be scanned so it’s as close to as CGM as I can cobble together.

It works fine and Shuggah writes to the calendar app which can be displayed on the watch face. Sounds complex but it really isn’t.

Is it that sort of thing you’re thinking of?
That might be a good solution, thank you. But I'm back on the Android side so will have a look...

Garmin do claim to be able to work with Dexcom - https://www.garmin.com/en-US/c/dexcom-ciq/

...but then you get down to the small print at the bottom of the page where it says "Compatible smartphone must have a data connection and be in BLE range of both the Dexcom CGM and Garmin smartwatch or Edge cycling computer"

I use Android - Libre2 & XDrip+ displayed on my Garmin watch (and bike headunit), there are other options too

I use Android - Libre2 & XDrip+ displayed on my Garmin watch (and bike headunit), there are other options too
Hi, i have just downloaded the Xdrip+ app. how do i get it to display on my galaxy 5 watch. if you dont mind please?

Hi, i have just downloaded the Xdrip+ app. how do i get it to display on my galaxy 5 watch. if you dont mind please?
I believe you need to install xDrip+ onto the watch. I think I did that a while ago but now I use Juggluco (which needs a similar installation but slightly more involved because the watch app is separate). I recommend trying the Wear Installer 2 method as described here: https://xdrip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/smartwatch/wearinstall/#method-2-best

(The others look like they involve downgrading Wear OS or using a computer, and those feel more complex.)

If you're using Wear Installer 2 and it doesn't seem to be working, it's worth making sure that both your phone and the watch are connected to the same Wifi access point. (I'm perhaps unusual in having two so if you only have one then probably that's less likely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back