Glucose meter - what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyG

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
I bought a Contour Plus meter but can’t for the life of me seem to feed it enough blood for it to work. I suspect there’s some trick to getting that perfect drop of blood to put on the strip….but I haven’t worked out what it is! Any suggestions?

I bought a Contour Plus meter but can’t for the life of me seem to feed it enough blood for it to work. I suspect there’s some trick to getting that perfect drop of blood to put on the strip….but I haven’t worked out what it is! Any suggestions?
Most monitors the drop of blood does not go ON the strip but is sucked into the reservoir at the end of the strip by capillary action when you touch the strip into the drop of blood. The other end goes into the monitor.
The drop needed is only the size of a pin head so not much.
I usually have the sequence of pricking finger, getting the drop of blood then inserting the strip into the monitor, it then bleeps and I touch the strip into the blood drop.
There may be a YouTube video of using your monitor.

Most monitors the drop of blood does not go ON the strip but is sucked into the reservoir at the end of the strip by capillary action when you touch the strip into the drop of blood. The other end goes into the monitor.
The drop needed is only the size of a pin head so not much.
I usually have the sequence of pricking finger, getting the drop of blood then inserting the strip into the monitor, it then bleeps and I touch the strip into the blood drop.
There may be a YouTube video of using your monitor.
Thank you so much - it’s easy when you know how! My meter comes with instructions in ten different languages, but was vague about actually applying the tip of the strip to a drop of blood.

Helps if the finger you choose is also warm.

The armpit can be useful for that as well as a place to warm the meter up in the winter 🙂

I agree with above . The other things is you need to wait. With my monitor anyway . I put my strip in it says 222 then I wait until changes to/and it flashes at the end of a strip diagram .

Last edited:
Brilliant diagram, I suddenly seemed to have lost the knack as my monitor kept saying ERR, but I realised I was being too quick and not waiting for the first bleep.

Brilliant diagram, I suddenly seemed to have lost the knack as my monitor kept saying ERR, but I realised I was being too quick and not waiting for the first bleep.
They are all different . ERR sometimes comes up when the battery is needing changed I get an E 3 code but mine is accu chek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back