Glucose Intolerant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike P

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had my latest results from my diabetic nurse. HbA1C now 42 which along with the two previous results apparently reclassifies me as Glucose Intolerant rather than Diabetic. If I had reduced my score by 2 more points it would have been Diabetic reversal. I have to admit to feeling rather chuffed today!

Just had my latest results from my diabetic nurse. HbA1C now 42 which along with the two previous results apparently reclassifies me as Glucose Intolerant rather than Diabetic. If I had reduced my score by 2 more points it would have been Diabetic reversal. I have to admit to feeling rather chuffed today!

That's a great result, from 94 down to 42!
Well done!

Have they looked at reducing the metformin?

That's a great result, from 94 down to 42!
Well done!

Have they looked at reducing the metformin?
No mention of reducing medication yet although I am sort of expecting it. Diabetic nurse said they are going to give me an MOT next year (I turn 70 in March) so maybe they will take a look at meds then. I am happy at the moment taht the metformin is doing its job so would be slightly reluctant to change anything. Latest bloods suggested my folic acid is low so I have been put on a 3 month course that hopefully should sort that out.

No mention of reducing medication yet although I am sort of expecting it. Diabetic nurse said they are going to give me an MOT next year (I turn 70 in March) so maybe they will take a look at meds then. I am happy at the moment taht the metformin is doing its job so would be slightly reluctant to change anything. Latest bloods suggested my folic acid is low so I have been put on a 3 month course that hopefully should sort that out.
I had low folic acid and surmised it could have been my cutting out or down on the things that were fortified with folic acid like cereals and bread.
I think the 3 month course of tablets sorted it out as it has not been mentioned since. Make sure they are checking your B12 as well as that can be affected by metformin as well as age.
Good result on your HbA1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back