Glucose in urine dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellyj

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,
My Hba1c has come down to 50 from 155 and working at next blood test being lower.
I exercise and am careful with my carbs.
Why do I still have glucose in urine dipstick tests?
Will that eventually settle down.
I'm on meformin and gliclazide.
My BM was 5.6 this morning.
Just wondered, hope it's not a daft question to ask.
Thank you in advance.

What are the dipsticks you are using and are they in date and the pot recently opened? Test strips degrade once opened so usually a month or 2 is all that they a valid for once the seal is broken.

Why do I still have glucose in urine dipstick tests?
Probably because 50 is still in the diabetic range so you’re still having some high sugars, even though you’re also getting some normal ones. When was the urine test in relation to food?

Well done @jellyj - that's a brilliant result. Good for you! :D

Hi
I work in a hospital and did a dipstick as I was curious with my Hba1c coming down so did a test and still showing glucose.
As 50 is still diabetic range thou, I didn't think as I've got it down from 155 to 50 and thght the glucose wouldn't show in urine dip.
What I will do is wait the next 3 mths and hopefully result will be less and maybe dip urine again.
Thank you ❤️ x

My hba1c was 55 at diagnosis. I continuously had glucose in my urine. I suffered a lot of UTIs so would test alot and it would always be there. Haven’t had any since getting below 42, I’d usually get sweet piddle when my finger pricks were around the 13 mark.

Hi
I work in a hospital and did a dipstick as I was curious with my Hba1c coming down so did a test and still showing glucose.
As 50 is still diabetic range thou, I didn't think as I've got it down from 155 to 50 and thght the glucose wouldn't show in urine dip.
What I will do is wait the next 3 mths and hopefully result will be less and maybe dip urine again.
Thank you ❤️ x

You could have spikes of glucose and still have an HbA1C of 50. Glucose in the urine will come and go, so it depends on when you test and at what blood sugar you show glucose in your urine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back