GlucoRX Aidex CGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone - first of all thank you for letting me join the forum. I have a question about the GlucoRX Aidex sensor. I bought two. Both failed with “sensor error” after a few days. Both replaced and I am now on the third one. Day 5 (a record) and again sensor is failing. Tried different locations but always the same. I would be interested in other people’s experience before I conclude they dont work for me. In contrast never had a problem with the Libre. I have seen some negative comments about them when googled but has anyone had good experiences? Someone must be buying them for a reason or they would be discontinued. Many thanks.

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear you are not having much success with the sensors. I think @Lucyr trialed the GlucoRx Aidex along with one or two others, so she may be able to give you details of her experience.

Hi there , I trialled it when it first came out , the results were good while it was attached, but found keeping it attached was a problem , even when using the overpatch supplied.
I had one failure , one fell off and one lasted the whole 14 days . I see there is another company advertising the aidex Pro. It seems that the aidex units are made in China and glucorx rebranded them to sell over here .

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to hear you are not having much success with the sensors. I think @Lucyr trialed the GlucoRx Aidex along with one or two others, so she may be able to give you details of her experience.
I found it a total waste of time, rather pay more for the libre

I found it a total waste of time, rather pay more for the libre
There are 3 that GPs can prescribe, this one, Libre 2, and Dexcom One. On Twitter, nobody talks about the GlucoRX AiDEX option. (There have been discussions about Dexcom One: how to get the transmitter, and there was a while when not quite all regions were offering Dexcom One at all. I've not seen any similar discussions about the GlucoRX AiDEX, which might mean there aren't any problems with it, but I strongly suspect almost nobody is getting it.)

Sorry to hear you’ve had a slightly patchy start with the GlucoRX Aidex.

Hope it was just teething troubles, and you have a better run of sensors now.

Different sensors do seem to suit different people, and while we don’t have many experiences on the forum - it may end up suiting you?

I use the Aidex because Dexcom One would always read 2-3 mmol lower than it should and couldn't be calibrated.

I've been using them for about 5 months now and they usually work brilliantly but can go a bit crazy in the last couple of days so I usually just change to a new one around the 10-12 day mark.

I get the odd sensor error that can usually be fixed by unpairing the transmitter and then re-pairing it again about 5 minutes later. If that doesn't fix it I usually find that the filament bent on its way in. Try to make sure it goes in at a right angle and not slanted.

Hello everyone - first of all thank you for letting me join the forum. I have a question about the GlucoRX Aidex sensor. I bought two. Both failed with “sensor error” after a few days. Both replaced and I am now on the third one. Day 5 (a record) and again sensor is failing. Tried different locations but always the same. I would be interested in other people’s experience before I conclude they dont work for me. In contrast never had a problem with the Libre. I have seen some negative comments about them when googled but has anyone had good experiences? Someone must be buying them for a reason or they would be discontinued. Many thanks.
I have found your post interesting. At the minute I have a libre 2 inplace. My diabetic nurse gave me it to trial. I was considering to use the Aidex, since I have read your post I am wondering if is is worth the extra money to use libre 2. My nhs trust would fund me for libre 2. I am type 2 with no hypo awareness.

I’ve been using libre sensors for about 4 years, first self funded and now nhs funded, I’ve had the occasional failure, usually fail to initialise, and 1detached, Abbot customer always very good for me. Now using the Libre 2, a game changing device and I wouldn’t change it.

Last week I decided to try out the Aidex as I am self funding and they are a bit cheaper than Libre. I am trying to get into the pre diabetes range so having a cgm every now and again is helpful. I bought the starter pack containing two sensors and a transmitter along with other things I didn't need. The first sensor worked but was reading about 1.5-2 mmil below finger prick. I calibrated it several times and after a couple of days it was more or less compatible. However after another two days i got a sensor connect error - it came back for about an hour then failed. Aidex sent me a replacement .In the meantime I used the second sensor. Again the transmitter would not connect. The replacement arrived and this didn't work either. I assume it was the transmitter that failed. After a long email conversation they sent me a full refund. Going back to Libre!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back