Glucometer M/Elite/Esprit - research

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Not that one

lady at bayer says its a glucometer 4 (as the encore never made it over here, this is the only one that looks anything like it...so, probably the same machine, different name)

BUT

She doesn't think I'll be able to get hold of one :(

This has upset me. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed it lol. The only thing I can think of doing bar asking the DSNs (and they've already said they have nothing like it in their cupboards), is ask anyone on here? :/

i'm really curious - why do you want one so much??

because i'm a history nerd, and my mum threw mine away. That and I want to do a piece on the blog about it - like a comparison between the old and the new bayer meters.

good stuff! i thought the blog might come into it somewhere 😉

doesn't it always? 😛 In truth, I've been researching into it for almost a year, and now I've found out whats its called I will not at nothing to get hold of it. Even if I have to like, go to every pharmacy in this city and put adverts up online...

i really wish my mum had kept it :( she threw it out when the battery ran out :(

i've been trying to think of some of my old ones, i'll have to ask my mum too! i remember an old accu-chek one i had. i remember a finger pricker i had that was black with white buttons (my sister threw it away when she was about 2, apparently she didn't like it because it hurt me!)

edit: i had this one, i hated it because of the drum system: http://dispolab.net/images/meter-82.jpg

Last edited:
this was mine
18479735_1.jpg

the glucometer encore in the USA and the glucometer 4 here

that accu chek one looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back