Glucomen Day CGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone use it? They have an offer on which makes it slightly cheaper than the libre but for a real cgm. I’ve not seen many reviews online but the ones I have seen are mixed, which lets be fair libre reviews are mixed too. Haven’t seen anything about things like support, whether they replace sensors, if they stick well, etc.

Libre costs me £96.58 per month. Glucomen day is £90.30 a month (but £99.50 for the first month which includes two transmitters). It includes a meter and strips too though I don’t pay for those.

Tempted to try a month and see what accuracy is like since it’s same cost as libre.

Sorry, never heard of it

Go for it! I’ve not heard of this one either but I don’t think you’ve got anything to lose by trying, you might even find it suits you better than the Libre. I think different sensors suit different people better, for any of the current ones you’ll find some people who love them and some people who hate them and others who are in the middle. Let us know how you get on if you do try it 🙂

The feedback I’ve heard wasn’t all that encouraging I’m afraid. I had a phone call with them a couple of years back, where they offered me a trial sensor, and I said i would like to see what it was like, but I never heard anything more.

Does anyone use it?
It's been talked about a few times in this forum, but always just as you have "has anyone used it?". So I think we've got nothing to offer unless and until someone gives it a go. I think some aspects seem really nice: the fact that there's less wastage seems attractive.

Thanks all, I’d only use it if it is accurate and that’s the part I haven’t really seen any positive feedback on yet! I’ll have a think about it!

@Lucyr - OTOH Patti & others convinced me that Libre was accurate enough a lot of the time to use instead of fingerpricking. Of course I'm pleased it has been for them - but it hardly ever has been for me.

But there again of course - Libre doesn't involve my bank account. Do G users have a Facebook page you could have a look at?

I still have to fingerprick with libre, it’s accurate enough for a rough idea but not for bolusing for from me. Dexcom was miles more accurate for me but my bank account doesn’t support that! Good thought on the group I’ll have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back