• Never tried it

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm curious now...I was reading the thread below about glucogel taking on other tastes, and saw loads of people saying it was horrible. Me, I like it. Am I weird? (OK, scratch that...how weird am I? :D)

My 10 year old loves it and so I voted on her behalf. She has loved it all along even when it was called hypostop unfortunately for her it does not work. She can have three tubes and nothing happens, seriously !

Adrienne, Hypostop! That name rings a bell from a few years ago!

Anyway, I hate the stuff. It tastes like chemicals to me! It always leaves me feeling really, really ill afterwards (nausea etc).

well ... hypo stop will always be hypo stop had the 'd' too long to change what i call it now lol 🙄
and yes it is yuck , but always last resort and a god send for that reason its a .... ohhh im about to pass out quick squeeze and boom done i dont notice the taste that much when im that hypo 😛 usually use it when ive gone below 2 mmol ish

C absolutely hates it!!!!!!!

I hate the idea of it, so I never tried it. But I carried the tube I was given at diagnosis in my diabetic bag for more than a year, always meaning to.

Then I put it in the top of my rucsack when i was travelling.... it's slimey, it's gross and when it brusts, it reaches every tiny crevace your bag. So now I'm never going to try it 😛

LOL Lizzzie I can imagine it making quite a mess!

Apparently I reallly am quite weird for liking the stuff :D:D

I find it really useful for keeping my bg up during a long run, very easy to eat (?) without disrupting the run.

I've never tried it. I tend to use glucotabs when I'm hypo.

I don't like it but I do use it if I'm very low - around 2 as it does seem to work quicker than anything else for me. Hate glucotabs though! My first choice is jelly babies but my friend recently bought me a bag of julian Graves jellies - oh so yummy!!

I hate it!!

Also Paramedics don't like to use it as it makes 'patients' throw up and get into a right sticky glue like mess. Although some will use it and some won't. Most prefer to use a Glucagon injection.

Bernie xx 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back