Gluco rx lancets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancsamb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Why all of a sudden can we no longer get the 1.8 mm 28 guage lancets. It’s like our meds are in short supply ie victoza and now the equipment to check my blood sugar levels. What is going on , any one know

Why all of a sudden can we no longer get the 1.8 mm 28 guage lancets. It’s like our meds are in short supply ie victoza and now the equipment to check my blood sugar levels. What is going on , any one know
Do you get them on prescription? they are on amazon in stock. Many people reuse the lancets anyway so you could just do that.

I wonder if the problem is that your prescription states a particular brand ie. Gluco Rx and for some reason your pharmacy is having difficulty getting that brand but have an alternative which will work just as well but can't prescribe it because your prescription states Gluco RX.
As @Leadinglights says, many of us reuse our lancets and in fact we have an annual Lancet Changing Day on St Swithin's day.... July 15th..... so yes, some of reuse each lancet that many times, ie multiple times a day for 365 days, despite being recommended to change it every time and I've never had an infection yet from a reused lancet, even though I sometimes have to choose my least dirty finger when I am up at my stables with no means of washing my hands.

Do you get them on prescription? they are on amazon in stock. Many people reuse the lancets anyway so you could just do that.
Yes I get mine in prescription and if you are aware of this type of lancets it it a one use only.

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpeg
    IMG_1433.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 8
I wonder if the problem is that your prescription states a particular brand ie. Gluco Rx and for some reason your pharmacy is having difficulty getting that brand but have an alternative which will work just as well but can't prescribe it because your prescription states Gluco RX.
As @Leadinglights says, many of us reuse our lancets and in fact we have an annual Lancet Changing Day on St Swithin's day.... July 15th..... so yes, some of reuse each lancet that many times, ie multiple times a day for 365 days, despite being recommended to change it every time and I've never had an infection yet from a reused lancet, even though I sometimes have to choose my least dirty finger when I am up at my stables with no means of washing my hands.

Then ask for an alternative to be prescribed.

I very much doubt there is a UK wide shortage of lancets in general. Often the pharmacists will say this when it is actually a glitch with their warehouse supplier. My advice would be to ring round a few pharmacies in your area until you find one that has them in stock and ask them to hang onto them for you until you get there and get the prescription from your pharmacist and take it to the new one to be dispensed. I used to have to do this with HRT when it genuinely was in short supply worldwide and not just UK wide.

I would happily send you 50 or so of mine as I will never ever get through a box of 200 if I live 2 lifetimes, but they wouldn't be any good without you having a lancing device.

Would it not be easier just to ask your gp to switch you to a lancing device that takes generic lancets or you can get one on amazon very cheaply plus lancets. If cost is an issue I have some spare ones and would happily post you one.
Kind regards
Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back