glucagon injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
If anyones glucagon injection is near its use by date - order a new one now. I ordered 2 new injections 3 weeks ago and the chemist are having trouble with the manufacturers trying to get any. They have rung them every day but cant get an answer as to why they are having problems or when they can send them any. Luckily she had one that another patient never picked up so we have one at home.😱🙂Bev

Not ideal, but don't throw away the expired one until you get the new one. I say this because our resuscitation services (large NHS hospital) sometimes can't get in date drugs, so advises units to keep expired resuscitation / anaphylaxis drugs such as adrenaline, hydrocortisone etc.

Not ideal, but don't throw away the expired one until you get the new one. I say this because our resuscitation services (large NHS hospital) sometimes can't get in date drugs, so advises units to keep expired resuscitation / anaphylaxis drugs such as adrenaline, hydrocortisone etc.

The other one went out of date in June - but I still have it as I would like someone to show me how to use it. Everyone seems to think its a very easy thing to use - but I would imagine that when you are in a panic it could delay things if your having to 'practice'.😱🙂Bev

Bev,

Send me a text with your details on it and I'll get one in the post as soon as I can. PM with my number coming.

Tom

Bless you Tom,

Your so kind. But dont worry - the pharmacist has given us one that belonged to someone else - so we do have one for now. Have you heard that there has been a problem with them too?🙂Bev

Wouldn't know, last time I got any was last year. I've never had to use one either which is a nice thing so it doesn't matter at all. I don't know if my family would even be able to use one. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back