Gliclazide 80mg x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have been on above medication for two weeks and eyesight very blurred how long before it clears?

I would suspect that is because the medication has reduced your blood glucose quite quickly and that changes the environment in your eyes from 'sugary' back towards normal 'salty' which changes the shape of the eye and alters the focal length so things are blurry.
How quickly it settles depends on the individual from a few weeks to a few months as in my case. I did not realise that was a possibility when reducing carbs significantly until I read on here hence suggesting people reduce carbs gradually. The medication is obviously having the same efffect.
If you visit an optician they should not be suggesting a change in prescription if you wear glasses until your vision has settled.
Some people have found cheap reading glasses helps in the meantime.

If your levels were very high and the Gliclazide is bringing them down then it may take a couple of months or for them to readjust. In the mean time many of us invested in some pound shop ready readers to tide us over for reading and screen work. It would be pointless wasting money on prescription glasses when your sight will likely settle down in a few more weeks once your levels are stable and in range.

I would suspect that is because the medication has reduced your blood glucose quite quickly and that changes the environment in your eyes from 'sugary' back towards normal 'salty' which changes the shape of the eye and alters the focal length so things are blurry.
How quickly it settles depends on the individual from a few weeks to a few months as in my case. I did not realise that was a possibility when reducing carbs significantly until I read on here hence suggesting people reduce carbs gradually. The medication is obviously having the same efffect.
If you visit an optician they should not be suggesting a change in prescription if you wear glasses until your vision has settled.
Some people have found cheap reading glasses helps in the meantime.
thank you for quick response shall order some reading specs from Amazon.

If your levels were very high and the Gliclazide is bringing them down then it may take a couple of months or for them to readjust. In the mean time many of us invested in some pound shop ready readers to tide us over for reading and screen work. It would be pointless wasting money on prescription glasses when your sight will likely settle down in a few more weeks once your levels are stable and in range.
thank you for quick response did not realise it could be months before it settled so have ordered some readers from Amazon.

Is the vision blurry all the time? As when I had hypos when I was on Gliclazide, visual disturbance was on of my hypo symptoms. I only knew as tested at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back