Glicazide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine333

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I've been diagnosed type 2 for 2 weeks and a coeliac for a couple of years. Have been put on Sukkarto SR 500mg x2 and now the nurse wants to add Glicazide tablets as well Is this the norm after just 2 weeks? My Hsbac1 level was 119.
TIA

With an elevated HbA1c like yours, some surgeries do seem to offer extra meds early on, to try to give the body more support in terms of managing glucose levels.

Sukkarto doesn’t directly reduce BG levels, it more works in the background improving insulin sensitivity and reducing glucose output from the liver.

Gliclazide is more of a glucose-lowering medication which works by encouraging the pancreas to secrete more insulin, which in turn reduces blood glucose levels.

Welcome Elaine I was started off on just the glicazide. It basically gives your pancreas a kick up the bum to work harder. Hopefully the will give you a BGM so you can finger prick test as it can cause lows.

Welcome Elaine I was started off on just the glicazide. It basically gives your pancreas a kick up the bum to work harder. Hopefully the will give you a BGM so you can finger prick test as it can cause lows.
Hi, yes the nurse did say I will be given a BGM when I see her later this week so I'll be able to keep a check on whats happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back