Glicazide

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowball12

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Afternoon, I was prescribed Glicazide to take with my Metformin January 2023. Been taking Metformin for 12 years. My Hb1ca is down to 64 which is still to high I know. I had Covid for first time end of July and was also suffering from a UTI. This was the third uti in two months and yes it's back again!!! Only had one uti in my life before and that was upon diagnosis in 2011. I have read that Glicazide can cause urinary problems. Has anyone suffered like this and is there something else I can take!!! So fed up

Afternoon, I was prescribed Glicazide to take with my Metformin January 2023. Been taking Metformin for 12 years. My Hb1ca is down to 64 which is still to high I know. I had Covid for first time end of July and was also suffering from a UTI. This was the third uti in two months and yes it's back again!!! Only had one uti in my life before and that was upon diagnosis in 2011. I have read that Glicazide can cause urinary problems. Has anyone suffered like this and is there something else I can take!!! So fed up
Hi yes I suffer with urinary issues as does a friend with this drug, I have to drink lots of water to try to keep things at bay. It’s not fun, dr let’s me just drop samples in now if I feel the symptoms coming on so to avoid delays waiting for appointments.

Hi, thanks for replying. If you don't mind me asking how often to you get a uti? Why hasn't Dr changed your medication? My kidney function was fine last week. I do drink a lot, always have but three uti's in a month!!! Dr is calling me back as no appts left today!!

Hi, thanks for replying. If you don't mind me asking how often to you get a uti? Why hasn't Dr changed your medication? My kidney function was fine last week. I do drink a lot, always have but three uti's in a month!!! Dr is calling me back as no appts left today!!

Sorry to hear about your repeated UTIs @snowball12 :(

Will you be getting some antibiotics to try to clear it up?

Hi I was getting them about once a month, now every six months, also getting thrush. I can’t take other meds as get issues with other conditions like pancreatitis so they are not sure what else to give me at the moment.
I hope the dr gets back to you quickly today.

Hi I was getting them about once a month, now every six months, also getting thrush. I can’t take other meds as get issues with other conditions like pancreatitis so they are not sure what else to give me at the moment.
I hope the dr gets back to you quickly today.
Hi, I can cope with every six months but not three a month. Sorry you can't change medications

I am quite surprised that Gliclazide can cause UTIs I never had a problems with it. Could it be that Covid raised your BG levels which triggered a UTI and you just haven't totally got rid of it rather than the Glic causing it. Some UTIs can be really persistent and need the correct anti B to fully eliminate it which may involve testing to identify the bacteria involved rather than just identifying that there is an infection.

I am quite surprised that Gliclazide can cause UTIs I never had a problems with it. Could it be that Covid raised your BG levels which triggered a UTI and you just haven't totally got rid of it rather than the Glic causing it. Some UTIs can be really persistent and need the correct anti B to fully eliminate it which may involve testing to identify the bacteria involved rather than just identifying that there is an infection.
My friend has massive issues too with it with her kidneys so can’t be prescribed it since having sepsis in her kidneys, it’s a known issue but doesn’t seem to be that common.

Hi, I can cope with every six months but not three a month. Sorry you can't change medications
Thank you, fingers crossed you get sorted, sitagliptin is a possible if suited but if have history of gallstones or pancreatic issues might not be suitable.

Hi. I've never heard of Gliclazide causing urinary problems.

I've been taking Gliclazide for just under twelve months now and had no issues with it, unlike Metformin
which I was originally prescribed which upset my stomach.

I have also had my gallbladder removed along with a rather large gallstone. Added to that, I have suffered
pancreatitis on three separate occasions the last being in 2003. (And I don't want it again - very painful)

I've been taking Gliclazide for just under twelve months now and had no issues with it, unlike Metformin
which I was originally prescribed which upset my stomach.

I have also had my gallbladder removed along with a rather large gallstone. Added to that, I have suffered
pancreatitis on three separate occasions the last being in 2003. (And I don't want it again - very painful)
Not sure if I confused things it was sitagliptin not the gliclazide that Drs said caused a pancreatic flare, apologies if confused things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back