Glicazide

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowball12

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, I have been type 2 for twelve years and taking 2000mg of Metformin SR. I have struggled keeping my levels down but it's getting harder. I can't go totally low carb as I am lactose intolerant and suffer from IBS - D. This means no garlic,onions, leafy green veg, legumes and all salad vegetables. My HbaC1 last week was 80 . My GP prescribed Glicazide 80mg twice a day. Just three tablets later my sugar now is 6 as opposed to 12.5. Is this drug too good to be true? or is it a quick fix. I am worried about a hypo. Any thoughts. Thanks

Hi, I have been type 2 for twelve years and taking 2000mg of Metformin SR. I have struggled keeping my levels down but it's getting harder. I can't go totally low carb as I am lactose intolerant and suffer from IBS - D. This means no garlic,onions, leafy green veg, legumes and all salad vegetables. My HbaC1 last week was 80 . My GP prescribed Glicazide 80mg twice a day. Just three tablets later my sugar now is 6 as opposed to 12.5. Is this drug too good to be true? or is it a quick fix. I am worried about a hypo. Any thoughts. Thanks
Hello @snowball12 ,

Thank you for your post. Some people get on quite well with Gliclazide, but some struggle with it. I have include some searches below regarding it below:

I have also included some information from our website as well.

Sounds like Glic has made a positive impact for you already @snowball12

6.0 is around the middle of what many would consider the ideal range for people with T2 (to stay between 4.0 and 8.5 for as much of the time as possible).

Gliclazide does have the capacity to reduce BG levels into the hypo range, so you are right to be aware, and to bear that possibility in mind, but 6.0 still gives you a decent amount of ‘wiggle room’ 🙂

Are you due a follow-up conversation with your GP or nurse regarding your new medication? It would be worth discussing your results with them and getting their advice.

There’s a write-up of what signs and symptoms to keep an eye out for here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back