Status
Not open for further replies.

gll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
T2 on MDI
Waiting for tests because of ongoing diarrhoea, bloating, cramping, nausea and lack of appetite. Calprotectin results say - significant inflammation in large bowel and waiting for colonoscopy to investigate.

Rough day yesterday. Have been constipated for a number of days but yesterday turned into a game of how many times can you run to the loo and bonus points for getting there fast (will spare you the details).

I had dinner last night and apart form a bit of a flat top peak, it was pretty normal bg wise.

Got the snack attacks at around 2.30am so had some oatcakes. No pre bolus time but bolused as normal. I didn't go to bed so wasn't compression low.
Ill let libre explain the rest.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 145909.png

I can repeat this scenario when I'm like this but not at every meal.
Starting in the 9s saved the day but I don't like the idea of playing hypo roulette every meal. If I don't bolus normally it will be a game of corrections.

If it was you, what would you do?

Have you updated your DN, I was taken in hospital in June and they took me off insulin while they try to sort my GI issues, not ideal and am waiting for follow up in the hospital over it all, definitely check in for better support.

Reactions: gll
My friend (not diabetic ) Had the same symptoms and had a colonoscopy
It transpired she had multiple polyps which were removed and that cured the problem.

Yesterday I tried:
Eat with no bolus
Set alarm on juggluco app to 1 higher than what I was at when I ate (so libre alarms aren't touched)
When alarm went off - then bolused what I should have and disabled juggluco high alarms

Was 1-2 hours before I saw any nudge in bg after eating.
(thanks @Lucyr for the suggestion)

Even when things work normally again, ill spot it right away as alarm will go off sooner 🙂

My calprotectin came back at 110, should be below 50. Doctors only usually consider over 200 to be significant on 2 separate tests a month apart. Significant inflammation could indicate an IBD, polyps or an intestinal infection of some kind. I know they look for scary stuff too but other things are way more likely. Also a while back you mentioned you were on quite a few pills, do you take any anti inflammatory drugs or take a lot of ibuprofen? Hopefully your results will give you at least some answers that may lead to you feeling better. When is your test? I had a camera down my throat but apparently the other end is much better although the prep is a bit of an ordeal, but to be honest sound like your already struggling to stay out of the bathroom so your pretty used to that. Sorry you’re feeling so rubbish, I feel like you never get a break !

its been going on for about 10 months now of very noticeable symptoms of different degrees of severity. Probs longer with the odd thing here n there that could just be put down to anything.

I do use ibuprofen occasionally for non GI pain but no regular use of them (or others in the NSAID category).

Calprotectin was 1148 on a single test and no repeat test requested as they went straight to urgent colonoscopy option (which is 28th).

I'm not sure if I want them to find something or not at this point.
Tired of GP roulette in finding one who will listen. Tired of the revolving door of bloods tests with inflammation markers but no real answers so lets just repeat them.
Having an answer would be nice, not knowing isn't going to change anything 😉

Have you updated your DN, I was taken in hospital in June and they took me off insulin while they try to sort my GI issues, not ideal and am waiting for follow up in the hospital over it all, definitely check in for better support.
My DSN is on holiday but will have a review with her when shes back.

I’m assuming celiac has been tested and ruled out ? That is pretty high. I will be thinking of you on 28th. Sending hugs xx

yeah celiac was negative 😉
can you switch the "thinking of you" to the 27th for the prep :rofl:

yeah celiac was negative 😉
can you switch the "thinking of you" to the 27th for the prep :rofl:
Ok… but only because you’re one of my betes besties. We will be here for you (from a distance )

• Love
Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time @gll

Fingers crossed you start to make some headway at your next appointments.

Ok… but only because you’re one of my betes besties. We will be here for you (from a distance )
Definitely from a distance… the prep is erm “fun”

• Haha
beige food day today. Meh not bad.
Full of bloat and constipation at the mo so really don't feel like eating but also trying to be practical since no food tomorrow.

under 24h until I will be praying for the world to swallow me whole :rofl:
vaseline and sudocrem at the ready 😎

beige food day today. Meh not bad.
Full of bloat and constipation at the mo so really don't feel like eating but also trying to be practical since no food tomorrow.

under 24h until I will be praying for the world to swallow me whole :rofl:
vaseline and sudocrem at the ready 😎
Well we are all behind you… hang on is that the best place ? Let just say we are here if you need us :rofl:

Good luck Lou! Hope the prep goes as "smoothly" as possible!

Is it all over ? Hope you’re doing ok . Been thinking of you today xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back