SadhbhFiadh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
After the visit to the dietician a couple weeks ago, and having read a couple of books recommended on this forum, I think we are heading towards the path of GI/GL menu planning. I've read many of the old postings from the forum, and I just wondered how many of you have tried this or follow it? Do you think it's effective? Do you think it's worth the bother? We really eat plain foods, not many recipes and very few specialty items like coconut flour. My husband eyes hummus as suspicious, so enough said. I have advice from the dietician on the how to, but What had been the experience here?

I've just ordered the GL Diet For Dummies book. Thought I'd give it a try.:)

Oh, good. Maybe we can collaborate. I only have the GI book but the GL one will get ordered next week.

One thing to bear in mind is that GI/GL are only general guidelines, and may not be specifically how that food reacts in your system. GI is an average value from 100 results, so not everyone in the sample would have had the same results.

It is a useful guide, but it also really helps to monitor your own specific reactions to things by checking BG before and 1 or 2 hours after eating a meal or food. Alan S's Test Review Adjust is a helpful guide to how to do that. http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.co.uk/2006/10/test-review-adjust.html

Thanks, yes I've been testing 6 times a day for 8 or 9 weeks. I will continue to that until my six month review, but our meals are fairly plain and routine. My husband calls Aubergine a 'foreign food'! :D

Thanks, yes I've been testing 6 times a day for 8 or 9 weeks. I will continue to that until my six month review, but our meals are fairly plain and routine. My husband calls Aubergine a 'foreign food'! :D
My old mum thought the same about yogurt :D ! I don't think she ever saw an aubergine....:eek:

Back