Getting your teeth checked is heart-attack serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Dr. Bradley Bale and Amy Doneen, a nurse practitioner, have co-written a new book, “Beat The Heart Attack Gene,, which discusses their method of avoiding heart attack and stroke.

Doneen, chair of the Pacific Northwest Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association, was keynote speaker in a recent symposium in Pasco of medical and dental professionals titled “Bridging the Gap.”

Why would dentists be interested in heart attack and stroke prevention? Read on.

The Bale/Doneen method looks at traditional risk factors such as smoking, family history, overall fitness, cholesterol levels, blood pressure and other possible triggers. But it also uses new tests to determine the health of blood vessel walls.

http://union-bulletin.com/news/2014/may/16/getting-your-teeth-checked-heart-attack-serious/

That made me remember my uncle who died of a heart attack aged 59. He had terrible teeth.

I've got bad teeth, my dentist says I am like the forth road bridge, she starts at one end and by the time she has finished we have to start again 😱 (I do look after my teeth they just don't like me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back