Getting to terms with Blood Testing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPixels

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Made my first tentative steps with a newly acquired Glucose Monitor yesterday, more out of curiosity for what it might tell me rather than necessity. First reading late afternoon after setting it up was 5.7mmol/l and later 2 hours after food was 7.2mmol/l. This morning before breakfast down to 4.8mmol/l... How does that sound?

Sounds excellent to me! Your fasting reading is where it should be, and the one two hours after food showed that your body had coped well with the carb content of the meal.

Sounds excellent to me! Your fasting reading is where it should be, and the one two hours after food showed that your body had coped well with the carb content of the meal.
Thank you... I'm trying to make sense of what little information comes with the meter... As I'm a T2 curiosity leads me to better understanding...

Made my first tentative steps with a newly acquired Glucose Monitor yesterday, more out of curiosity for what it might tell me rather than necessity. First reading late afternoon after setting it up was 5.7mmol/l and later 2 hours after food was 7.2mmol/l. This morning before breakfast down to 4.8mmol/l... How does that sound?
Completely "normal". No signs of diabetes just in those numbers.

Sounds great, I'd be very happy with that! Pretty normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back