Getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJardine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I seem to have finally come up with a regimine that seems to be suiting me. I've split my Lantus into two doses, morning and night. BG still too high, averaging around 9 or 10, but I seem to be reducing the swings and the highs in the 20s. Run out of Metformin though and can't get any 'till Saturday, but I'll see how that goes.

Going to have a moan at my boss today as well. I've been moved to a desk which is basically in a corridor, so I have no privacy when taking insulin or blood tests. Whilst it doesn't usually bother me testing in public, I do find it annoying having large groups of people walking past when I have a needle sticking in me. Glad I'm aware of the DDA to back me up though.

Glad you're finding a regime that's working better for you alan. Yes, your boss should take your needs into account - hope all goes well (do you have the support off a trade union - you might want to think about it if not.)

Good to hear that the split has helped Alan, I split my lantus a couple of months or so ago now and find I have better coverage dosing like that.

Hope the chat with your boss goes well. I guess they just didn't think before moving you.

hi alan pleased to hear that you found a good regime

i do hope the chat with your boss goes well , abit of consideration and thinking dont go a miss sometimes

Glad to hear you are getting there but honestly fancy putting you in a corridor !!! Go get em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back