Getting jabbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all
I am having my flu jab this afternoon, and my COVID booster on Monday morning.
It will be interesting to see what, if any, effects they will have on my BG levels.
And for someone who injects himself multiple time a day, I still will close my eyes so I don't see the needle !!
Martin

Good luck. Hope you only have minimal side effects.

Good luck, Martin!

We've had a few people say that their usual number were bit wobbly after their jabs so do keep an eye out for that, many returned to normal after a while.

Do let us know how you get on as I'm sure others would appreciate the insight.

@Martin62 I hope you have my experience with your Covid jab, I sat there waiting, wondering why the nurse seemed more interested in her laptop than my jab. She then explained that she had already done my jab! I thought she’d cleaned my arm but nothing else. I didn’t have any after affects either, good luck!

Now got mine booked for tomorrow afternoon. I'm already suffering rather unpredictable levels at the moment for some unknown reason, so will be interesting to see if levels become more chaotic.

Hi all
I am having my flu jab this afternoon, and my COVID booster on Monday morning.
It will be interesting to see what, if any, effects they will have on my BG levels.
And for someone who injects himself multiple time a day, I still will close my eyes so I don't see the needle !!
Martin
I’m the same! When they show someone having an injection on the telly, my stomach lurches! Weird!

Hi all
I found that after both vaccinations my BG went a bit high for a couple of days, but now seems to be returning to my normal levels.
And after getting a bit anxious about the big needles, I can honestly say that I didn't feel a thing with either of them, and my only side effects were a slight temperature and aching arm for about 24 hours .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back