Getting Insulin Abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi!

I'm going on my honeymoon to Australia for three weeks. I will take plenty of insulin with me and obviously take care to keep it the correct temperature, but if I needed to, does anyone know whether it's possible to get insulin by showing using a UK prescription?

Second question! I'm going snorkeling and kayaking quite abit and will need to keep my insulin and supplies on me, whilst keeping them cool and dry - any tips from someone who has done this before?

Thanks 🙂

Amanda

Type 1 diabetic using insulin injections & freestyle libre 2

Hi!

I'm going on my honeymoon to Australia for three weeks. I will take plenty of insulin with me and obviously take care to keep it the correct temperature, but if I needed to, does anyone know whether it's possible to get insulin by showing using a UK prescription?

Second question! I'm going snorkeling and kayaking quite abit and will need to keep my insulin and supplies on me, whilst keeping them cool and dry - any tips from someone who has done this before?

Thanks 🙂

Amanda

Type 1 diabetic using insulin injections & freestyle libre 2
Hello @Manda ,

I don't know if you received your answer regarding this. I have included a link regarding traveling with diabetes below. You can also ring our helpline before your travels as well.

No, you have to see a GP and get a prescription. But certainly I had no prob with doing either when we were there 15 ish years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back