Getting back on track..

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph_joy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey guys..

Just checking in, hope you all are okay!

My blood sugar levels have been amazingly good, since Sunday when i've started drinking a lot more water, cutting out the chocolate and going back to the gym...like today's las tone was 5.3 before dinner, the highest being 11.1 all day!!..

Feeling very optimistic at the moment, and finding myself settling into the routine again, and its nice to know that i AM capable of controlling my sugars on tablets/diet only. Not only that, but its nice to not be so tired all the time - i was actually having mid evening naps at one point, not always drinking so much (used to spend a fortune on drinks at work every day!) and not as emotional (anything would set me off).

Just wanted to say to anyone who feels like they're out of control, (i know its early days and everything but i'm starting as i mean to go on!) that it IS possible to pull yourself back, it is definately doable, and the amount of difference you feel when under control is amazing..

I have my clinic on Nov 18th, and while i used to hate going (enough so that i'd be in tears half way through a perfectly normal routine check up :S) i kind of am looking forward to going, showing my progress - they took a blood sample from me last time - HBa1c, and i hope to show the difference 🙂 .

So yeah 🙂

Hope you all are well, whats everyone up to ?

Steph xxx

Hi Steph, lovely message 🙂

I have been struggling with my Diabetic care for some months now and it was lovely to read such an optimistic and uplifting post....brightened my evening! Thank you 🙂

Hi Steph, I'm glad you're feeling well on your way to getting things back on track! It's utterly wonderful that you're feeling better within yourself! Keep up the good work sweetie!!!!!!!!

Heyyy 🙂 Elloywyne - awww i'm glad it did! anytime, i've seriously struggled with my diabetes for the last year or so, so its good to be finally heading in the right direction!, and you hang in on there 🙂 Seriously, if i could do it - and i think i probably was the worst diabetic ever then anyone has a chance, i hope your doing better now?.
Salmonpuff! 🙂 , aww thank youuuuu 🙂 i will do! The hardest part was making the initial decision and taking the first step, hopefully now it all gets easier! xxx

Hi Steph, it's fantastic that you've got yourself back on the straight'n'narrow, and are taking care of yourself again.

For me, it's still early days - just 3 months in - so I haven't reached the stage of wanting to give up yet. I'm so petrified of developing complications if I don't manage my diabetes well (especially as I know I was walking around with it totally unmanaged for ages before diagnosis) that I haven't really wavered .......... yet.

Well done, and good luck for your clinic appointment on the 18th.

xx

Well done, sounds like you are already seeing the benefits. I think everyone has had periods where things aren't going well. it's hard to always be doing all the right things. Good to hear you are gettign back on track, now that you are a member here there will always be people to pick you up and give support if things gets hard and be there to celebrate when you do well, hope you will be celebrating your next A1c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back