Get involved in some research: Undergraduate research project

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGladman

Good Afternoon!

Firstly I just want to introduce myself: my name is Eleanor Gladman, and I am a student studying Education Studies and Psychology at Nottingham Trent University. With me being in my final year, I am conducting research which will be written up into a dissertation.

This study focuses on student support services at university and chronic health conditions, specifically the extent to which student support services cater for those who suffer from chronic health conditions. I chose this topic to research due to my own experience at university having been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia during my studies. Throughout this challenging time, I reached out to the support services attached to my university for academic and emotional support and have nothing but positive feedback. However, this positive experience with these services may have been circumstantial to NTU, therefore other institutions may lack in these services, or even excel where NTU does not. This thought has shaped my research study with hopes that it can be applied in the future to ensure the correct academic and emotional support services are in place for people with these life-long health challenges while at university.

Therefore, I am looking for some volunteers to take part in the survey for this research. Due to the subject of the research, I ask for any students (current or have graduated in the last 5 years), aged 18+ to take part in the survey (link below). It will take approx. 10 minutes to complete, with questions regarding mental health experience during university, student support service experience and chronic health condition experience. There is also a section regarding personal impact that the covid-19 pandemic has had on general wellness. Any responses are greatly appreciated!

LINK: https://ntupsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgpa2M5lyZ3cZN4

After completing the survey, if you would like a summary of the research after completion, please don't hesitate to email me using the contact details below. Likewise, if you have any questions or queries this email is also the best to use.

Thank you.

Eleanor Gladman
n0741560@my.ntu.ac.uk

This study has been approved by @Josh DUK

Good Afternoon!

Firstly I just want to introduce myself: my name is Eleanor Gladman, and I am a student studying Education Studies and Psychology at Nottingham Trent University. With me being in my final year, I am conducting research which will be written up into a dissertation.

This study focuses on student support services at university and chronic health conditions, specifically the extent to which student support services cater for those who suffer from chronic health conditions. I chose this topic to research due to my own experience at university having been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia during my studies. Throughout this challenging time, I reached out to the support services attached to my university for academic and emotional support and have nothing but positive feedback. However, this positive experience with these services may have been circumstantial to NTU, therefore other institutions may lack in these services, or even excel where NTU does not. This thought has shaped my research study with hopes that it can be applied in the future to ensure the correct academic and emotional support services are in place for people with these life-long health challenges while at university.

Therefore, I am looking for some volunteers to take part in the survey for this research. Due to the subject of the research, I ask for any students (current or have graduated in the last 5 years), aged 18+ to take part in the survey (link below). It will take approx. 10 minutes to complete, with questions regarding mental health experience during university, student support service experience and chronic health condition experience. There is also a section regarding personal impact that the covid-19 pandemic has had on general wellness. Any responses are greatly appreciated!

LINK: https://ntupsychology.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgpa2M5lyZ3cZN4

After completing the survey, if you would like a summary of the research after completion, please don't hesitate to email me using the contact details below. Likewise, if you have any questions or queries this email is also the best to use.

Thank you.

Eleanor Gladman
n0741560@my.ntu.ac.uk

This study has been approved by @Josh DUK
This has been approved. Please help if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back