Gastroscopy results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, after all of the worrying, the procedure went well. It was found that I have a hyatus hernia and acid reflux. They are also testing, by doing a biopsy, for a germ in stomach called helicobacter pylori. This cause all sorts of problems. I read on internet that it can be the cause of type 1 diabetes. Also fatigue, sickness and anemia, all of which I have at the moment. Oh well m.r.i. on thursday. I'm such a lucky girl. Everyone wants a piece of me hahahahahhaaha.

Glad to hear things went well spirit! My mum has a hiatus hernia and has to take a milky-looking medicine for it. Hope they are able to do something if they find the nasty bug!

Glad that nasty test is done and they have been able to discuss the results with you straight away, better than waiting I think. I know you are dreading the MRI and will be thinking of you. I was in a real state before mine but it wasn't too bad. I kept my eyes shut the whole time!xx

So pleased all went well for you today 🙂

Good Luck for MRI on Thursday,

Take care, lv Shirl

I had the helico thingmyjiggy and they blasted it away with antibiotics. Still have reflux and duodenal ulcers but medication keeps it all under control. Most of the time.

Well, after all of the worrying, the procedure went well. It was found that I have a hyatus hernia and acid reflux. They are also testing, by doing a biopsy, for a germ in stomach called helicobacter pylori. This cause all sorts of problems. I read on internet that it can be the cause of type 1 diabetes. Also fatigue, sickness and anemia, all of which I have at the moment. Oh well m.r.i. on thursday. I'm such a lucky girl. Everyone wants a piece of me hahahahahhaaha.

*Claps Hands* Yay!...all over and done with! :D I am glad it all went smoothly for you!

I had the helico thingmyjiggy and they blasted it away with antibiotics. Still have reflux and duodenal ulcers but medication keeps it all under control. Most of the time.

Ditto on all the above...Me too Marg!!

Eloweyne and Marg B. Could you please let me know your symptoms and treatment with this nasty bug.

Thank you all for your replies. It is so reassuring to know others are going through, or been through, the same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back