Gastroenteritis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have been up since midnight "ill" if you know what mean 😱. Phoned NHS 24 (who were very helpful) and have been diagnosed with gastroenteritis. As I am T2 and cant keep anything down at the moment they have advised me to phone my gp as I will probably need rehydration sachets and anti-emetics...
Have also been advised to keep an eye on bs levels (last test 7.5).

Sorry just needed a wee moan...

Hi Carole,

Sorry you aren't well again. Hope you get the meds you need and feel better soon x
Bless you, you do seem to be picking everything up lately. Take care x

Hi Carole, so sorry your feeling unwell your having some rotten luck hun , hope the meds kick in and sort you out hun take care xx

hope your resting and taking time off uni

I always keep a few oral rehydration sachets and / or sugar salt measuring spoon (see http://www.talcuk.org/accessories/sugar-and-salt-measures.htm ) at home, in first aid medical kit etc for use if anyone suffers vomiting and / or diarrhoea, so they can start feeling better as soon as possible. Having seen babies and young children get very ill, and also how quickly they respond to oral rehydration, when working in Mexico is something I'll never forget.

I hope you are better soon. The rehydration stuff tastes horrible, but stops you being any worse. Probably coals to Newcastle, but do try to keep fluids going in as it will help lessen effects of tummy upset.

Thanks for your advice everyone, have managed to have a little sips of water x

Hi Carol, sorry to hear you are feeling so ill - that's really horrible to have to deal with when you are so busy. Concentrate your efforts on getting well, and I hope you are feeling much better soon 🙂

In contrast to Caroline, I and many others involved in endurance sports, diabetes of not, have noticed that rehydration drinks may taste horrible under normal conditions, but taste fine when dehydrated, through either illness or sport.

Carol - so sorry to hear your news - look after yourself and take care

Carol, sorry to hear you are not well, take care and hope you start to improve soon, x

Thanks everyone, got anti-emetics from doc so at least I am not being sick any more 😱. Didnt really care what the rehydration sachets tasted like LOL... Still not ate anything (had nothing in my tummy since my tea last night) but strangly I dont feel hungry... Been sipping water all day so will see how that goes. My sugars have kept fairly steady at between 7 and 9 so will keep an eye on them as well.

hope you will be better soon graham had it a few months ago he hated those sachets

hope your over the worse hun ...not fair how we all seem to catch things grrrrr x have a good nights kip x🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back