Gastritis Trouble anyone ?? inflamed top of stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadwizard

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Gastritis and badly inflamed top of stomach ......

Had endoscopy a few days ago and struggling to keep my Blood sugar stable and having a horrible time with reflux and relux chest pain etc and wondered if

anyone else diabetic got or has had Gastritis and got over it ok? or got any tips of foods to avoid or maybe i could try to help ease it or maybe any meds or herbal things i can try...... ?

They didn't mention anything about 'H-Pylori '(bacteria ) but i've read its one of the main causes of Gastritis so wondered if anyone had had that too? and am chasing Dr about testing for it..........

Thanks very much......... 🙂

Gastritis and badly inflamed top of stomach ......

Had endoscopy a few days ago and struggling to keep my Blood sugar stable and having a horrible time with reflux and relux chest pain etc and wondered if

anyone else diabetic got or has had Gastritis and got over it ok? or got any tips of foods to avoid or maybe i could try to help ease it or maybe any meds or herbal things i can try...... ?

They didn't mention anything about 'H-Pylori '(bacteria ) but i've read its one of the main causes of Gastritis so wondered if anyone had had that too? and am chasing Dr about testing for it..........

Thanks very much......... 🙂
Have they suggested any medication as things like Gaviscon, ranitidine, omeprazole can help. Reducing your carbs and fatty foods can also help.
Sleeping with the head of your bed raised can help at night.

Just omeprazole from Dr's been on it about a month already ,,,,,,and i grabbed some gaviscon extra from the shop...........

Just omeprazole from Dr's been on it about a month already ,,,,,,and i grabbed some gaviscon extra from the shop...........
I think it suggests you don't take them together and leave a gap of 2 hours between the 2.
If the omeprazole is having little effect after 1 month you should go back to your GP as there may be a more effective medication.

Omeprazole, Lansaprazole etc need taking on an empty stomach with water ie on waking BEFORE you take any other tablets. Then after an hour you can do exciting/interesting things like have a cup of tea/coffee, eat brekkie and take any other tablets you need. Yes I am being sarcastic - it's a palaver when I get up every morning, especially as I also need Thyroxine tablets every morning which you can't have anything with milk in it for half an hour after taking those. What a ruddy palaver, when you've never been a 'morning' person since you were born!

Omeprazole, Lansaprazole etc need taking on an empty stomach with water ie on waking BEFORE you take any other tablets. Then after an hour you can do exciting/interesting things like have a cup of tea/coffee, eat brekkie and take any other tablets you need. Yes I am being sarcastic - it's a palaver when I get up every morning, especially as I also need Thyroxine tablets every morning which you can't have anything with milk in it for half an hour after taking those. What a ruddy palaver, when you've never been a 'morning' person since you were born!
same here, not good in the mornings lol.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back