Gas and bloating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone else suffer with gas and feeling of fullness all the time? I also have noticed significant increase in flatulence.

I eat a healthy balanced low carb diet, I have increased my veg intake but I have just had a small bowl of porridge with 5 cherries and a coffee and now cant stop passing wind and my stomach seems distended. The milk was semi skimmed but it was Cravendale this time, not sure if thats relevant. The only other thing I had was a Benecol drink.

Any tips for helping soothe this?

Does anyone else suffer with gas and feeling of fullness all the time? I also have noticed significant increase in flatulence.

I eat a healthy balanced low carb diet, I have increased my veg intake but I have just had a small bowl of porridge with 5 cherries and a coffee and now cant stop passing wind and my stomach seems distended. The milk was semi skimmed but it was Cravendale this time, not sure if thats relevant. The only other thing I had was a Benecol drink.

Jenny, with respect this is not a GP forum you really need to make an apt with your GP and discuss your problems.

Very possibe with a change of diet.
Did you say if you were on Metformin or just diet control?

Is this the first time you have had cherries as my daughter had a similar reaction when she ate a lot of cherries, not that 5 is a lot.

Happened to me when I increased fibre a lot. Will probably pass, so to speak 🙂

Yes, I’m pretty sure it’s a change of diet that triggers it. Can also be high or low stomach acid. Particularly low stomach acid can do this, as when we switch to more protein etc tummy can have trouble breaking it down, this can cause bloating that will happen as soon as you eat. Whatever it is, it usually clears itself over time. Also stress/anxiety. Gut and brain and very linked. Basically if your really stressed then the body slows down the less important functions like digestion.

When I eat a lot of nuts I fart like the brass section of a orchestra.

Is this the first time you have had cherries as my daughter had a similar reaction when she ate a lot of cherries, not that 5 is a lot.
oh yes, I only have them when in season, you may be right

I'd guess it's the change of food then.
yes I think you are right, also im hungry so tend to eat faster, my daughter said maybe i need burping 🙂

When you eat quick, you do actually swallow more air, so try deliberately eating more slowly!

Some gastro guy on Tik tok that I follow says you should chew your food 36 times !

Some gastro guy on Tik tok that I follow says you should chew your food 36 times !
Yeah, apparently if you only do 35 times you're at risk of spontaneously exploding.

They're not sure about 37 times coz nobody's ever done it.

I did it 38 times and the food came straight out my anus without even passing through my stomach. No glucose spike!

Just caught up on this thread, the responses have made my day (and put me off eating slowly! rather have flatulence than what @harbottle describes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back