Gardening should be available on NHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A UK doctor and a leading Swedish scientist have made the case for gardening and horticulture to be available on the NHS, during the fourth annual Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) John MacLeod Lecture.

Speakers Dr William Bird and Dr Matilda van den Bosch spoke to an audience that included RHS director general Sue Biggs and RHS members about the interactions between nature and human health and how gardening may contribute to increased wellbeing and quality of life.

Dr Bird, who has 30 years’ experience as a GP in Reading, and Dr van den Bosch, who is a medical doctor, a researcher at the Swedish University of Agriculture, and a consultant for the World Health Organisation, spoke at the RHS’ Lindley Hall on 13 November.

http://www.hortweek.com/gardening-available-nhs/landscape/article/1322036

Anyone without a garden who wants to come and improve their health by sorting out my garden would be very welcome indeed.

I won't charge for this service, and you'd be free to use the toilet if you needed to. In fact, I'd be willing to let you come regularly .....

Well, some people consider work to be conducive to one's wellbeing. Perhaps that should be made available on the NHS as well?

What is this drivel?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back