Garble garble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
This just popped up on my ipad news. I don’t know where to start...(Ungluing my palm from my face would be a good place). Assume grave expression ..‘I’ve got an extremely serious diabetes diagnosis to deal with here, Sarge'
0F9F271F-7C0D-4BD9-9B36-39D41F09E318.jpeg

Hmm didn't realize there were levels of diabetes diagnosis haha

It does correctly state the DVLA need to be informed, because diabetes can cause issues while driving.

The rest is a bit garbled. But I didn't know that about Sleep Apnoea...

It does correctly state the DVLA need to be informed, because diabetes can cause issues while driving.

The rest is a bit garbled. But I didn't know that about Sleep Apnoea...
It’s not correct, because it makes no distinction between insulin users, (and maybe some but not all people on some other hypo-inducing meds), who do need to contact the DVLA, and people on something like metformin only, or diet controlled who don’t need to contact the DVLA.
I drew attention to it because it’s just another example of sloppy journalism where Diabetes is concerned.

Edited to add. The bit about sleep apnoea crept on to the page, I didn’t particularly want to comment on that, but since you raised it, I checked, and that’s wrong too. You only need inform DVLA if your apnoea clinic feels it’s causing excessive tiredness,

I knew someone who used to keep a little scrapbook of these diabetes gems. I’d imagine it must run to several volumes by now! 🙄 :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back