Gallbladder Ultrasound....alternative test snack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooglewoogle

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
This will probably sound somewhat frivolous, but I am due a gallbladder test in the coming week....and I am reading that the common test snack is a Mars Bar. No big deal in the scheme of things I guess, but I would really rather have something else without all the sugar and crap....has anyone else ever had this, and were you able to substitute a different fatty snack of your choosing?

Cheers.

I was offered a pint of milk and cream. (MRI scan)

Your simplest option is to ring the dept and explain you have diabetes so could they advise on what it is you need to consume.
Rereading your title if it's an ultra sound then there's nothing to consume. There would be for an MRI though

Thanks, Sue! The info I can see from various NHS pages suggest that for an ultrasound they measure the size of the gallbladder, the have you consume the fatty snack, then measure the contracted size.

Milk and cream sounds better!

Thanks, Sue! The info I can see from various NHS pages suggest that for an ultrasound they measure the size of the gallbladder, the have you consume the fatty snack, then measure the contracted size.

Milk and cream sounds better!
I know I had mine about 30 years ago but I did not have to do anything special for mine.

Taking a hit of a Mars Bar for my gall bladder?
Who am I to argue.
But, no, if it's to measure how fast it dumps, near enough anything should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back